Memphis Lasrov Salvage yard

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
Versatile
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Memphis Lasrov Salvage yard

Post by Versatile »

In Memphis located on Danny Thomas Blvd. Watch for signs to the blvd as you cross the bridge over the Miss. The area is north of downtown and about a block or two from the river. All kinds of military surplus in cluding tank engines and aircraft all trashed out. Complete AD Skyraider aircraft less wings in the pile. Seventeen acres total in three long piles about a 1000ft long and as high as 20 ft. You can see 8 yard concrete mixers 20 ft off the ground. Climb up into the pile and then find a hole to crawl down and inside and then crossways etc. I climbed up about 10ft in height and then down thru a 62 chevy engine compartment lees the engine and trans and out the bottom andthen walked stooped over thru an old bus without anything in it but was painted white inside. VERY EERIEE!. Went out the front door and then climbed over landing gear test equipment for jet aircraft. I saw another section going south that i wanted to explore but i turned back because i felt i was under the center of the pile and no one including my brother new where i was at. Wanted to go back but the yard. It closed and i never got to go back. You can enter the yard alongside the railroad tracks on the southside. Wear gloves as the metal will cut you and on summer days you must have gloves due to heat on the metal. I think you could go on the on a weekend and no one would ever know you were there if you were dropped off. You can circle the block to check it out. If you entered where i say no one from the yard would even know you were there. They never went on the backside any time i was ever there. One other time we cralwed uo and then down into the lipe and found a boxcar full of rear rifle sights wrapped in foil. It turned out we were crawling thru several boxcars(wooden) and encountered everything from windsheild and springs for trucks to rubber gloves for fueling aircraft on carriers. Spent about a total of 48hrs in 6 visits and saw something new every time. If you find an aircraft in the pile east of where i said enter i will pay a finders fee to you. The best salvage yard i ever went to. It is like a trip back into time. If the hole is still there then there would be no dogs and that is if the yard is still there. PS iN SUMMER TAKE ALONG WASP AND HORNET SPRAY. Never ever saw a snake or rat.
Pain is nothing more than fear leaving your body.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY WILL JUST DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Memphis Lasrov Salvage yard

Post by piplnr65656 »

I think I have been here before. I don't remember exactly where it was at but 8 years ago or so I checked out a massive salvage yard that was not very far from the pyramid. I remember seeing chunks of old sherman tanks there.