Abandon Train Station Al Qaim, Iraq

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
TheReaper
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Abandon Train Station Al Qaim, Iraq

Post by TheReaper »

I am currently on an abandon train station in western Iraq. I have some pictures on my digital camera but a lot more on disposables. I have done some "exploring" around camp but it has all been gone through and most of the building are being used. There are some pretty cool trains and bays around though. Pretty interesting.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt-Abraham Lincoln
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Abandon Train Station Al Qaim, Iraq

Post by whipping_post »

I'd like to see them, but not if it can get anybody into trouble, namely you! The military is a tad bit touchy about things as I'm sure you're aware. I have seen pictures of Saddam's gold and over half a billion in cash that he had, which I wouldn't have minded having!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: Abandon Train Station Al Qaim, Iraq

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Sounds cool, I love old trains, lets see the pictures.
TheReaper
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TheReaper »

I dont think I would get in much trouble. While I have a clearance, they dont let me see much of the "good" stuff. I have a lot of pictures where I climbed up a 105 ft tower and took some nice over views. I'll post them as soon as I can. This is my work computer and I'm not sure that it'll let me post from here but I will try.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt-Abraham Lincoln
TheReaper
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TheReaper »

My wife finally sent me my digital camera so I will be able to get more shots. I will go around tonight and tomorrow and take some shots of the trains and some newer ones of the camp as a whole. A lot has changed since we first got here! If they ever try to use this station again it's gonna cost a lot to repair some of the things to make it run. We have even torn out some of the track so we could make a "motor pool" where we park all of our trucks. Is there a website I can post them to and link it from?
TheReaper
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TheReaper »

How bout an old British Air Base in Iraq??? Got some pictures coming soon!
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

did you ever get the first pics up?
Kit wrote:I am old
TheReaper
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TheReaper »

Yes, i had them up here somewhere... Not sure if it was this post or not though...