Chicago UE Anyone????

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Chicago UE Anyone????

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Anybody know about anything cool to see in Chicago, old buildings (abandoned or not), Tunnels like old sewer or even better SUBWAY tunnels. That would be so cool to go in some old sub tunnels anyone agree?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Chicago UE Anyone????

Post by White Rabbit »

You know... I keep saying (because I've never been to Chicago)... "Doesn't it seem weird that we live really close to the third largest city in the nation and we never go there?"

I'd love to go see Chicago and do some exploring.
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Post by FiReDiVeR »

My cousin lives up there with her wealthy boyfriend who's brother is a self made millionaire and they always invite us up there to stay with them but we have never been.
Capn Jon
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Chicago UE Anyone????

Post by Capn Jon »

I missed this post earlier, so I figured I'd add something now. I don't know of any Chicago tunnels, but I do know of an old abandoned shopping center south of the city. It's in Harvey Illinois, and it's where the movie "The Blues Brothers" was filmed. It's been abandoned for years, and is still standing. The city even built a police station on the edge of the property. It looks a little weird seeing this modern building in front of a long abandoned mall. We were in there about 10 years ago, and the place was pretty much trashed back then. I have heard it's still there, as it was back then, and people are still going to see it.
Mr. Yuk
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Chicago UE Anyone????

Post by Mr. Yuk »

First off, howdy.

Second, sorry I came late to the party.

Most of the Chicago area people can be found here.
Because it is a big city and it has had some problems in the past relating to UE, we are pretty tight lipped over the internet. If anyone is planning a trip up this way, just say so. Most of us are more than happy to show a new face around.

Having said that, there are plenty of places arolund Chicago that are worth checking out. The biggest concentration is in Gary, IN which is only an hour outside of the city. You can easily spend days crawling around that city. In Chicago proper are a few large (and I mean LARGE) places worth checking out. The mall on the southside is being torn down as I write this post. It is mostly gone. There is a large coke oven, a trade school, a few churches, and factories galore.

Hope to see ya'll there,
<E
Nivelo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Chicago UE Anyone????

Post by Nivelo »

Yes there's lots there to do, so get on the plane and go guys!

Gary Indiana rocked!
Thanks Yuk for taking me there last year...
Nivelo
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, I've heard a lot of awesome things about Gary, IN.
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

Gary, Indiana is the hometown of Michael Jackson. I have always wondered whether they had signs up announcing that, or if they try to deny it and not mention it to anyone. :D