Iowa

Urban exploration outside of the Ozarks area
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Iowa

Post by FiReDiVeR »

Anyone on this site from Iowa or have family there(like I do) that would know anything cool there?
piplnr65656
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Iowa

Post by piplnr65656 »

I spent some time in ottumwa iowa. We got into the john deere factory and a bunch of abandoned buildings in the down town area. We were going from building to building on the roofs and most we could get into threw the roofs. We ended up coming out in the upstairs of a strip club :D If you are there go to a place called scooters. It is an adventure all of its own.
LadyDragonsblood
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Iowa

Post by LadyDragonsblood »

I was born in Cedar Falls...and my summers were spent visiting my Grandma there...I spent lots of time as a kid running around the UNI campus...probably doing things I should't have been...like climbing up the tower of the Campinelli (there was a glockenspiel up there, and I would sit for hours watching the man playing the bells).

One of the most interesting places in Iowa is the Grotto of the Redemption in Ottosen. It is the Life of Christ, as well as other Bible stories..but it is built with stones from all over the world...involving many rock grotto's...it is strange, weird and fascinating all at once...well worth a visit!
LadyDragonsblood

"Come on now Alice, your probably making a meatloaf out of a hamburger" Sam "The Butcher" Franklin
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Iowa

Post by White Rabbit »

FiReDiVeR wrote:Anyone on this site from Iowa or have family there(like I do) that would know anything cool there?
Talk to a guy on here named Slim Jim. You might want to email him, though, because I don't know if he checks the forum all that often. But he could tell you ANYTHING in Iowa. The guy goes out and scouts locations every single weekend, although not necessarily in Iowa.