Old Sand Loading Station in Sand Springs

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Old Sand Loading Station in Sand Springs

Post by Fiend »

In east Sand Springs on the south side of the river, there is what once was a large stationary crane built into a concrete structure hidden in thick vegitation. It has a large rusty boom arm with three large supports, and there are several large gears and cable spools in the control room on the upper level. There is a nearby concret foundation, old railroad tracks cover by sand and vegitation, and what looks to be like a storage bin for sand. My guess is that this place was shut down in the 50's or 60's. Doesnt look like very many people go there or know where it is. From what I can gather, I think this was a sand loading area for trains. Be advised, I'm pretty sure this area is private property because there is a gate on a road to get in the area that is locked. There are no fences, so you can just walk in. And a few hundred yards away, hidden in the brush along the river bank are more old concrete foundations and structures, I'm guessing for trains and loading of sand.
Attachments
STP61337.JPG
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Old Sand Loading Station in Sand Springs

Post by Fiend »

Control room
Attachments
STP61331.JPG
zombi86
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Old Sand Loading Station in Sand Springs

Post by zombi86 »

I will put this on my list of locations to explore when (if) I move to Tulsa in the next year.