WTF? Binger, Oklahoma

Urban exploration in Oklahoma
Fiend
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

WTF? Binger, Oklahoma

Post by Fiend »

I found this string of text on a couple of websites... I would definately like to find this place.

OKLAHOMA, BINGER - A large mound north of Binger has traditionally been "haunted" and also the site of a legendary entrance to a vast system of labyrinths leading to the "Land of Kenyon" within a vast cavern illuminated by a bluish electromagnetic aurora/phosphorescence, in which live a peaceable race. However deep below this cavern are other darker realms where malevolent "serpent people" dwell. This story has made the rounds in years past, but others attribute its origin to a little known story penned by H. P. Lovecraft. One may wonder just why Lovecraft chose this particualr mound north of this particular town. Was this "haunted mound" connected to local legends or incidents in reality? source: Charles Marcoux; H. P. Lovecraft
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Re: WTF? Binger, Oklahoma

Post by cobcob »

YAY!! Betcha it connects to Blowing Cave in AR!
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Neat. A Lovecraft location closer than Massachusetts. I've been to Mystery Hill. I wondered why I hadn't heard of this story (I'm something of a Lovecraft fan) but a little research shows he wrote it and let another author put her name on it. Zelia Bishop.
"Ghost Mound is more than a third of a mile west of Binger (as well as a bit north-see map to the left). It's also not the only death-related mound in the county. There is also "Dead Woman Mound"--so named because a local found the body of a dead woman there an buried her at the site. Dead Woman Mound, though, is located father north from Binger, and as far as I know does not have ghost legends associated with it. The best evidence I have is that Zealia Bishop was referring to Ghost Mound, with perhaps an admixture of information about Dead Woman Mound.

The thing, though, is that these mounds are real. They really exist. And folks have been visiting them since Lovecraft's time. In fact, of late they've been using GPS devices to go there. Here are the coordinates:

GHOST MOUND: Lat. 35.4025, Long. -98.61306.
DEAD WOMAN MOUND: Lat. 35.47583, Long. -98.50444."

BTW, Binger is also the home of Johnny Bench.

Edit:
Found a copy of the story.
http://terror.snm-hgkz.ch/lovecraft/html/mound.htm

[
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

RE: WTF? Binger, Oklahoma

Post by graffitifetish »

I got all sucked into that story. Thanks a lot!
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

The guy that wrote the article about them went to visit them. They are obviously natural, on private land, and unclimbable without equipment.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham