Old caver, new to forum

Urban exploration in Arkansas
zippy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Old caver, new to forum

Post by zippy »

Old timer here, used to cave around eureka back in the day, about 20 years ago.

I've seen Blue Moon cave, Bennett cave/s, the caves in Butler hollow between Beaver and Seligman, several caves in Newton county/Buffalo river area, etc.

Once went to a cave near Hogscald on private property with the guy from Uncle Sam's Safari Outfitters.

Have seen several caves in MCWMA near Forum. Not Whipporwill tho...

More recently went to a cave on private property near old Sulphur City south of Fayetteville.

Interested in S.Siscos post of Records cave near Fayetteville. Can anyone tell me how to get there?

Ready to hike the 20 miles from White Rock to Cherry Bend to see the old railbeds from the Cass to Combs line.

Happy to trade my shoddy remembrances of caves I visited back in the day for places I haven't been to or seen yet. My directions prolly wouldn't be much better than what you could find on google tho...I'd have to SHOW you rather than tell you.

Not much of a caver these days...I look for waterfalls and ruins and bluff shelters above ground nowadays. Especially interested in bluff shelters in the White River/Beaver lake area. I could show you Breckenridge shelter by the dam, the UofA pulled full human skeletons out of there almost 100 years ago.

Holla
Virtus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Old caver, new to forum

Post by Virtus »

Welcome aboard! What is your favorite cave you've ever been in? If you're ever around Cushman hit me up and I'll show you a good cave that goes back a long ways.
zippy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Old caver, new to forum

Post by zippy »

I've been to Blowing Spring Cave in Cushman but not very far back. Tunnel Cave/Arkansas Cave at Indian Creek near Kyle's Landing on the Buffalo was pretty cool. Went through it before they closed all the caves. long time ago. Picnic cave in Madison county is also very cool, with a tall waterfall inside, similar to the cave at Lost Valley on the Buffalo.