What is the creepiest or most mysterious thing you've seen?

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Virtus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

What is the creepiest or most mysterious thing you've seen?

Post by Virtus »

What is the creepiest or most mysterious thing you've seen while exploring Arkansas? I'd love to hear your stories!
itscaramel
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: What is the creepiest or most mysterious thing you've se

Post by itscaramel »

The Wonderland Cave was creepy to me. Dead/skinned animals outside. Lit candles inside, but no sounds. The flashlights didn't like the moisture so they were flickering. All very explainable things but in the dark, with only one exit, things were too weird.
Virtus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: What is the creepiest or most mysterious thing you

Post by Virtus »

That's interesting! So the candles were lit? That means someone must have been there recently. I've seen unlit candles in a cave and it really pissed me off. I hate it when people don't tread lightly while exploring, they can ruin it for the rest of us. Do you think the dead animals and the candles were linked to some sort of witchcraft group?
itscaramel
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by itscaramel »

The candles were lit. And it was just so weird knowing someone could be there. We assumed it was some sort of animal sacrifice (or just bored high school kids). Who knows, but it would have been smarter for us to skedaddle than hang around!

You're so right - look, but don't touch, and certainly don't leave anything behind. There are some beautiful places that are boarded/fenced up now because people couldn't play nice (like Monte Ne).

What are some of your creepy stories? Please tell me you've been in that Batesville hospital.
Virtus
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Virtus »

Wow! Candles can't stay lit for more than five or six hours in a cave. It's creepy to think that unusual people could've been lurking in the shadows while you were there.

I haven't been in the old hospital but I've always wanted to! To be honest I don't have many creepy stories from exploring around Batesville. Yesterday though some friends and I were walking down some railroad tracks in town when we saw some graffiti under a bridge that said, "Nelle, will you merry me." We kept laughing about how he used "merry" instead of "marry." Talk about a trashy wedding proposal. Propose with bad grammar and graffitti under the highway 167 bridge.
itscaramel
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by itscaramel »

Too funny! Don't you love what you find out in the sticks?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Was out in the middle of some woods, complete nowhere. Found a pair of men's slacks. They had been there a while. First logical explanation was tornado (not unlikely given the location). But the other possibilities were pretty creepy.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
radguy
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by radguy »

The guy I came across last week who was cutting trees down across the road. His first question to me as he approached was if I had a weapon.

He walked along side me as I drove away. Think he was looking for a victim.
rockhound92
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by rockhound92 »

I saw a baby doll in a cave. The cave is on a bluff overlooking a river. You can't see the cave and it is pretty tough and steep hike. If your hiking in the woods it's the last thing you would see. Anyway back to the baby doll. It gave me the MEGA CREEPS!!! I can only imagine what the hell was going on.
Boredom is the deadliest poison.
WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

A large kitchen knife we found in a drain in Tulsa. It looked to have been thrown in from a small grate, and it's probably a murder weapon. We kept it.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!