Whippoorwill Cave?

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Killthecamera
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Whippoorwill Cave?

Post by Killthecamera »

Hey there. New to the site, but thought this would be the best place to figure out where this is.

In early 2000 my buddies and I would go to this place in Forum with two primitive campsites and the entrance to a cave up the side of a hill. I remember the cave opened up into a waterfall room at the beginning and would get bigger as we ascended. Also to get there we had to drive a very narrow dirt road that forked many times. The turn off of HWY 23 was next to a general store.

Does anyone know of this place and if so, directions to get there. Much thanks!!!
FiReDiVeR
I Need A Title!
I Need A Title!

Re: Whippoorwill Cave?

Post by FiReDiVeR »

What area are you referring to? There are a ton of caves in Arkansas, and theres also a lot of Arkansas! A little more info would make your question easier to answer.
vetteboi88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Whippoorwill Cave?

Post by vetteboi88 »

Killthecamera wrote:Hey there. New to the site, but thought this would be the best place to figure out where this is.

In early 2000 my buddies and I would go to this place in Forum with two primitive campsites and the entrance to a cave up the side of a hill. I remember the cave opened up into a waterfall room at the beginning and would get bigger as we ascended. Also to get there we had to drive a very narrow dirt road that forked many times. The turn off of HWY 23 was next to a general store.

Does anyone know of this place and if so, directions to get there. Much thanks!!!
I know exactly the spot you are looking for. https://www.google.com/maps/@36.2099299 ... a=!3m1!1e3 Pine Creek Cave is on the left side of the road, trail leads up the bluff where the creek comes out and down into the cave.