Well you know... Dopatch

Urban exploration in Arkansas
whipping_post
The Corruptor
The Corruptor

RE: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by whipping_post »

Nothing's better than opening a magazine and seeing grandma, bare ass naked, showing the tat's, and then running and screaming to the bathroom in order to evacuate the contents of one's stomach.

The question then becomes: do you keep the picture for family get togethers and hope that nobody else saw the picture so that you can lay claim to the humility, or do you burn it in hopes that the sight leaves your minds eye forever?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

HMndnproud wrote: Would you care to say who the appeal will be aimed at? Will the park be anything like it was in the past?
I think what we have planned will generate an appeal from nearly everyone at some point. However, I will still not reveal the plans yet, but this way everyone knows that gears are turning.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

:D :D :D :D
Thanks.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Boyd
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Boyd »

For the Dogpatch experts:

I'm interested in Dogpatch mainly for the fact that it once had trout, as I'm a fanatical fly fisherman who also has an interest in the fishing history of Arkansas. Dogpatch actually makes a cameo appearance, albeit under a different name, in a well known fly fishing book called The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton.

Anyway, what is the water like at Dogpatch? Is it a spring fed creek that stays cold year round? Would it be able to maintain a breeding population of trout or would it only be able to serve as a put and take fishery where the only trout are the ones you put in, and they die off every year?

If anyone has any information on the fishery and any plans for it, I'd be interested. I'm aware, from the a comment on the photoblog on this site, that the trout are no longer there, but it would be cool, and potentially lucrative, to see trout return.
HMndnproud
Big Chief Little Shit
Big Chief Little Shit

Post by HMndnproud »

I am thinking it was spring fed. Didn't they have a hatchery there? or am I thinking of somewhere else?
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

The waters at Dogpatch are springfed and trout can live and breed there year around. There are no longer any fish because tresspassers caught all the fish out of the place.

If you drive by the property you will see that we've been doing alot of work to the trout farm area. We are currently working on restoring that area and do plan on restocking the fish.
bluefox75
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bluefox75 »

Everyone here at the office (in Harrison) has been telling me to drive by the park and see all the work that's been done. When I was last in the park, I went through the restaurant and was really peeved to see the damage that had been done there. It looked like someone had squatted there, as there were diapers, clothes, broken toys and a couch which was evidently used and for more than just sitting on, if you get my meaning.

Anyway, it's great that something is being done and I look forward to seeing the new park being used again. Unless it becomes a training ground for some weird cult or somesuch.
silencer52
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by silencer52 »

I called the number posted on the sign and at this time they are not at liberty to say what is being done with the property. The reason that the phone number is posted is so that law officals can call them be cause of all the vandalism and tresspassers. It seems that people are bothering and messing with their equipement. Vandels have even gone as far as to run one of their trucks into one of the buildings. I myself woul really like to see it reopened but I can understand their problem if they can't leave equipement and such because of a few problem makes.
kc0uxr
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by kc0uxr »

One of my recent ebay auctions. I got this when I was a teenager.... Winning bid was $30.99 (And, no I have no more of them!) My father was given this because he was a retailer that sold items to Dogpatch.
Attachments
20_1.JPG
24_1.JPG
kc0uxr
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by kc0uxr »

Wish now I would of advertised the item on here!
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gravefindr »

Since my husband bought it for me - I'm glad you didn't advertise it on here!

Very nice item by the way. Happy to add it to my collection. :D :D :D :D
GatsbyfromMC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by GatsbyfromMC »

Haha I saw one of those on eBay and had contemplated bidding. I never had one of those, but I have a few of my old single season passes.
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by travcojim »

There are some old Dogpatch tickets at a small flea market in the town of Kingston, the place is called Grandpa's, I think there is a good size stack of them for $90, or $1.50 each if you just want a few. I seen them two weeks ago when I was in there.
eevilweevil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by eevilweevil »

There is a 'Schmoo' sign inside of Bumstead's up here in Nixa,MO, it's in the non-smoking section. It's really cool to find something like that around here!
kc0uxr
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: RE: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by kc0uxr »

Gravefindr wrote:Since my husband bought it for me - I'm glad you didn't advertise it on here!

Very nice item by the way. Happy to add it to my collection. :D :D :D :D
Well, THANK YOU!!! Really wish I had more of them! I do have some other items that are in storage...Dogpatch items! IF you bought from me on eBay you have my ID there & keep watching for them.... it'll be a while the items are in storage in Harrison & I don't get down there often!