Post by Kit »

Dopatch sounds more like something Bambi would be in. LOL
Kit wrote:I am old
Intruder1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by Intruder1 »

It seems like it is going to be one of those things that are made or reinvented just to make you curious or mad.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

rofl!i was so excited and amazed when i was posting this thread, but still it took nearly two years before someone caught that mistake rofl! i tired to edit the first post thinking maybe i could fix the title but its so damn old. Well wr can fix it :lol:
Dogpatch Expert
darko80
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by darko80 »

Two days ago, I finally got to see Dogpatch. Pathetic, really, considering I live just over two hours away. But I got to go, nonetheless. Out of pure respect for the Carr's and what has happened in the past, I didn't DARE go in. However, I did pull over and get out at the gate. I took a minute to have a smoke and look the place over. Got a few pictures (many of the same shots which have already been posted on here in one way or another), then went on my way. I also got to see the Hub for the first time.

I plan on going back (not on a Sunday) when the Hub is open. I'd also like to get some more pics. Is there any way that any of us could have a "supervised" visit (of the park) or maybe a tour of some sort? Just thought it would be worth asking about especially if any of us would be willing to sign a release insuring that we would NOT sue.
Intruder1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by Intruder1 »

darko80 wrote:Two days ago, I finally got to see Dogpatch. Pathetic, really, considering I live just over two hours away. But I got to go, nonetheless. Out of pure respect for the Carr's and what has happened in the past, I didn't DARE go in. However, I did pull over and get out at the gate. I took a minute to have a smoke and look the place over. Got a few pictures (many of the same shots which have already been posted on here in one way or another), then went on my way. I also got to see the Hub for the first time.

I plan on going back (not on a Sunday) when the Hub is open. I'd also like to get some more pics. Is there any way that any of us could have a "supervised" visit (of the park) or maybe a tour of some sort? Just thought it would be worth asking about especially if any of us would be willing to sign a release insuring that we would NOT sue.
I don't know if that would happen. Seems like they have that place shut down tighter than the skin on Joan River's face.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Re: RE: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by Willard »

Intruder1 wrote:
darko80 wrote:Two days ago, I finally got to see Dogpatch. Pathetic, really, considering I live just over two hours away. But I got to go, nonetheless. Out of pure respect for the Carr's and what has happened in the past, I didn't DARE go in. However, I did pull over and get out at the gate. I took a minute to have a smoke and look the place over. Got a few pictures (many of the same shots which have already been posted on here in one way or another), then went on my way. I also got to see the Hub for the first time.

I don't know if that would happen. Seems like they have that place shut down tighter than the skin on Joan River's face.
The owner is, or was, I haven't seen him around for a while, a member of this site. Perhaps he'll see your post and let us know what is possible.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

My mother works in northwest Arkansas and she called me last night to tell me that one of her co-workers who lives a few miles from Dogpatch was saying that the park is under water. As in up into the buildings that were being repaired. I hope they are still planning on working on the park. Haven't heard any updates in so long.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

oh no! the thing that sucks so much with flooding is most insurance doesnt cover it
Kit wrote:I am old
Gravefindr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Well you know... Dopatch

Post by Gravefindr »

Did anyone ever hear anymore on this? Did the old park get flooded? If so, anyone know how bad and, most importantly, did anyone get pictures they'd be willing to share with us here?
arkie 123
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by arkie 123 »

I rode by there and week or so back and things looked ok.