Urban exploration in Arkansas
Scoutin
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

What is this on Ft. Chaffee by Charleston, AR

Post by Scoutin »

35.262627,-94.084094
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.262516 ... a=N&tab=vl
Google maps is not coop orating with me today so it's a bit south of the bookmark above or cut and past top cords into Google earth

Looks to be a Star of David beside a runway that has shadows which lead me to believe towers of some sort. Also if you follow the runway south, you'll see another strange little symbol that is housing some sort of towers as well. The head of the runway (north most side) appears to be a "bulls eye"

Also if you go a bit more south west from the runway,
where state why 252 turns west, you'll see two racetracks. Not sure if they are horse or old car tracks either.
I searched all over the site but could not find any information

Figure someone here may have some information. I figure it could be an training ground of some sort for areal target practice, but seems a bit strange to use that symbol.

Thanks!
fireputteroutter
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: What is this on Ft. Chaffee by Charleston, AR

Post by fireputteroutter »

I'm not exactly sure what this area is but if you zoom out and look to the right the dark round area that you see is called Potato Hill and they use that for target practice. If you are famillar with the area you can go to the area where Hwy 22 and 96 intersect, there you can see what grain silos look like on the map. It looks like there is towers in the areas you asked about but they are not as big as the famous Budweiser tower. I also thought it was interesting that if you look at the bottom of the run way where the plane is and follow the road to the left you can make out by the shadows that those are tanks there.
The world is God's little ant farm
fireputteroutter
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

There are times when the gates are open for Hwy 252 off of Hwy 22. They are just regular cattle gates not guarded or any thing but I'm not sure I want to test my luck. Where's WR when you need him?
itscaramel
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by itscaramel »

Those shadows at the end of the runway look like planes... This location isn't abandoned is it?
fireputteroutter
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

The side of the base you are looking at is still an active military base. The maps we are looking at are before the great Chaffee fire that burned most of the original barracks. I think that was in '09. You can find it in an old thread here.
fireputteroutter
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Just another fun fact about Ft. Chaffee, If you have ever see the movie Boulxi Blues it was filmed here.
bigcozy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: What is this on Ft. Chaffee by Charleston, AR

Post by bigcozy »

Thats a Surface to Air Missle (SAM) site. SA-2 type I believe. The design is to make sure every launcher can be reached. Better picture.

bigcozy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bigcozy »

Here is an old picture of a cuban site, not as pretty, but the design is the same. The one at Chaffee was probably a training mock up.

jkm001
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jkm001 »

This is really cool! It's undoubtedly a SAM mockup site. The entire area is staged. Part of the SAM service road runs through a creek. The closest zoom on the Bing aerial photo shows helicopters have replaced the F-15s on the northwest end of the "runway". I haven't heard of any part of Fort Chaffee being used for bombing practice so I'm led to believe this site is used to train for aerial reconnaissance. What would be really neat is if this were a 1:1 model of an actual enemy target and used to practice for air assault raids or bombing approaches.

The racetracks on the Bing images show ruts and structures in the infield and are probably used for vehicle training.
greenbush
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by greenbush »

The TV show 'Ghost Adventures' recently aired an episode made at abandoned buildings at Ft. Chaffee.

Interesting if you're in to that kind of thing.
armyof142
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by armyof142 »

It is not a Mock Site, I used serve at Fort Chaffee, and the Star of David is Old and made of Stone and sits over a abandoned Diamond Mine.. You can find talk about the Star if you look hard enough in News Papers printed in the 1890's, It was mentioned by Judge Parker in his Diary, and is why many of the old timers called Arkansas God's Country... After WWII German POWs as part of Operation Paper Clip Dated the Star to Be around 2,500 years old... The Runway was there before the Wright Brothers invented a Plane and is very possible it is just as old as the Star, the Bulls eye you point to, is a laid out depiction of the Milky Way.. If you look South of the Star to were Paladins are Located they are sitting on a carving dug into the Ground, just like the Lines in South America, the Symbol matches the Symbol used in India for a Vimana. https://goo.gl/maps/pbh1z2eSZ6U2
Radiant1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Radiant1 »

1. For a military training site there sure aren’t many buildings.
2. The perimeter fence is nothing like a military installment. It’s a cattle fence with no visible surveillance
3. The purchase of the land was sudden and mysterious.
4. Tanks fire on potato hill at all times, like they’re doing it in shifts. Whispers of an “indestructible” mound circulate locally, though I find it odd that the information is universally accepted without question.
5. No officials will comment, no one investigates, no one seems to mind the secrecy.

I used to drive past this potato hill every day, and every day it’s existence would disturb me. It’s appearance is nothing like the surrounding terrain, it’s visibility is cloaked by a series of man made mounds. So I looked it up on google earth and found everything mentioned in this forum. I have yet to confirm the mentioned newspaper articles, nor have I sought to attain access to judge Parker’s diary (University of Arkansas Library, Fayetteville). I have dedicated many hours of study into this mystery and I have a hypothesis. I’ve searched local lore and geological composition as well as personal testimonials (all off the record); through research and much thought I have deduced a hypothesis as to what these structures are, why they exist, what’s being hidden, and why there’s an endless assault on a peculiar geographic anomaly.

1. Native American “Running Horse” excavated an old mine and destroyed the entrance. The mission was to keep their natural resources safe from the new settlers who aimed to take the lands and precious minerals for their own government. The “lost Indian mine” was a silver mine which was mysteriously abandoned by the Spaniards in the mid 1800s. He reportedly buried 13 mule loads of mostly gold somewhere in Arkansas, between Hollywood and hot springs along an old trail near a natural landmark known as “pilots knob” - a unique shaped rock atop a hill. Could be that the land was purchased to ensure the gold could Ben added to the US treasury. How did running now Horse know what a pilot was.... in 1840... ?
2- Star of David wasn’t adopted by the Jewish demographic until the early 1900s. Before that it was used to represent alchemical mastery, as well as many other meanings over the years, the symbol itself Has existed for a looong time. So there’s this one, and another in Cuba. Sure you could say coincidence or say that one site isn’t a mock up of the other. A third Star of David is found near Jerusalem in Palestine land. Look up Star of David field 113. But wait there’s even more.
3- Nothing is indestructible right? The most stable matter is diamond. After researching local geological composition I noticed several diamond mines in the area. The ground contains many huge piezoelectric crystals such as diamond and tourmalines. So potato hill is a giant piezoelectric power crystal and the army shoots it all day to generate electricity for the underground installment of ..... what.... ? Agatha? Crazy right?
4- P O T A T O is an acronym
5- there is a huge hallow cavity beneath the land there
6- there is a nazca line style geolyth visible from space
7- potato hill fell from space, if you zoom out you can see the impact crater span about 30 miles in diameter. The other mine mines were pieces that broke apart during its entry into the atmosphere.
8- two different creation stories put the garden of eden on the map, only it’s not on the surface.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Radiant1 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:29 pm
1. For a military training site there sure aren’t many buildings.
2. The perimeter fence is nothing like a military installment. It’s a cattle fence with no visible surveillance
3. The purchase of the land was sudden and mysterious.
4. Tanks fire on potato hill at all times, like they’re doing it in shifts. Whispers of an “indestructible” mound circulate locally, though I find it odd that the information is universally accepted without question.
5. No officials will comment, no one investigates, no one seems to mind the secrecy.

I used to drive past this potato hill every day, and every day it’s existence would disturb me. It’s appearance is nothing like the surrounding terrain, it’s visibility is cloaked by a series of man made mounds. So I looked it up on google earth and found everything mentioned in this forum. I have yet to confirm the mentioned newspaper articles, nor have I sought to attain access to judge Parker’s diary (University of Arkansas Library, Fayetteville). I have dedicated many hours of study into this mystery and I have a hypothesis. I’ve searched local lore and geological composition as well as personal testimonials (all off the record); through research and much thought I have deduced a hypothesis as to what these structures are, why they exist, what’s being hidden, and why there’s an endless assault on a peculiar geographic anomaly.

1. Native American “Running Horse” excavated an old mine and destroyed the entrance. The mission was to keep their natural resources safe from the new settlers who aimed to take the lands and precious minerals for their own government. The “lost Indian mine” was a silver mine which was mysteriously abandoned by the Spaniards in the mid 1800s. He reportedly buried 13 mule loads of mostly gold somewhere in Arkansas, between Hollywood and hot springs along an old trail near a natural landmark known as “pilots knob” - a unique shaped rock atop a hill. Could be that the land was purchased to ensure the gold could Ben added to the US treasury. How did running now Horse know what a pilot was.... in 1840... ?
2- Star of David wasn’t adopted by the Jewish demographic until the early 1900s. Before that it was used to represent alchemical mastery, as well as many other meanings over the years, the symbol itself Has existed for a looong time. So there’s this one, and another in Cuba. Sure you could say coincidence or say that one site isn’t a mock up of the other. A third Star of David is found near Jerusalem in Palestine land. Look up Star of David field 113. But wait there’s even more.
3- Nothing is indestructible right? The most stable matter is diamond. After researching local geological composition I noticed several diamond mines in the area. The ground contains many huge piezoelectric crystals such as diamond and tourmalines. So potato hill is a giant piezoelectric power crystal and the army shoots it all day to generate electricity for the underground installment of ..... what.... ? Agatha? Crazy right?
4- P O T A T O is an acronym
5- there is a huge hallow cavity beneath the land there
6- there is a nazca line style geolyth visible from space
7- potato hill fell from space, if you zoom out you can see the impact crater span about 30 miles in diameter. The other mine mines were pieces that broke apart during its entry into the atmosphere.
8- two different creation stories put the garden of eden on the map, only it’s not on the surface.
The Mormons say there is no Garden of Eden on the face of the Earth, but MO will contain the next Zion. There is actual recorded proof that the Mormon prophet and other high ranking officials know the religion is false/misleading people. But they keep up the farce because the are a literal cabal after more money and more power. They had their own theocracy in the Utah territory till the US government quashed it. But in reality, they just hid it within the church where the government can't touch them, but they can influence the government. Ten years ago they almost succeeded in taking over the US government from the cabal that held power at that time. Since then they've been biding their time and gaining even more power. Look up how much property the LDS church is buying in the US and across the world. Don't you think it's convenient that they call themselves a "religion" yet they don't share their finances with the government like other churches do? And that the LDS church just happens to own a mall in Salt Lake City and other highly profitable businesses throughout the world? The Jews might have held the world by the throat in the past, but there are other groups in power now, and the LDS Mormons are one of the front-runners right now in the marathon for dominant control of the masses. Research Joseph Smith, Mormon prophet, that also had a connection to "treasure finding" using stones that "told" him where secrets were buried. Maybe what you found is part of the current powers that be, but it sounds to me like it's the Mormons. You mentioned Nazca lines, research the Lamanites and the Nephites. Everything you're saying connects to the LDS!
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Eagle90
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Eagle90 »

Yeah, that's an SA-2 SAM mockup.

I've shot potato hill before. 81mm mortars and 105mm howitzers.