Mayberry Springs Inn

Urban exploration in Arkansas
bwilly20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Mayberry Springs Inn

Post by bwilly20 »

anyone know the exact location of this place. we have a lake house at Mountain Harbor Resort between Crystal Springs and Mt. Ida. Everything i've read says it is somewhere between Hot Springs and Crystal Springs.

just figured it would give me something to do when i got tired of sittin at the house....

http://www.hsnp.com/zz_mayberry_springs_inn.htm

http://www.casprquest.com/mayberry.htm
Pinwheel
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

RE: Mayberry Springs Inn

Post by Pinwheel »

Know where it is, have a plan to go out there when it gets cooler. Probably the winter, since the snakes out there are AWFUL
Pinwheel pinwheel spin me around!
Look through my pinwheel and see what I found!
pinkspider
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: Mayberry Springs Inn

Post by pinkspider »

yeah no snakes >.< and no ticks :D i can't wait.. and i think jennifer would come tooooooo
check out the blog!
http://arurbex.wordpress.com/

check here for geeky crocheted goodness and crazy ass fake hair :D
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6160340
bigcozy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bigcozy »

My first post didn't go through and it was long, this will be a much shorter version.

The property is easily seen on Hwy 270 on the left after you pass Owl Creek Rd. and before you get to Crystal Springs road.

I have been in it about ten times. I have a cousin that lives fairly close, and we have had some odd experiences in there. There is a small house right next to it, and there is usually someone living in it. I have seen a couple of times that someone tried living in the large house, but they always move out and the house falls back in to disrepair. When I was a kid, back in the 70s, there were lots of hippies moved down to this area from up North, and they would live in any building they could find. I haven't been in there since around 87, but there was always evidence of people smoking weed and drinking and whatever. Three times I have experienced wierdness in there. In 87 I heard someone walking around in there, but three of us couldn't find anyone in the house. The oddest thing was in 85, I went in there with my cousin. He was from the area, and the kind of guy that doesn't get excited about anything, I use to call him "No Pulse". Three times I saw him raise his rifle and flip off the safety, something I have never seen him do in any situation. When I asked him what was going on he said he thought there was someone moving around everytime he entered a room. He wasn't the kind of guy to point a gun at anyone, let alone someone that my be a local that he knew. He was clearly very spooked by something, and to this day won't discuss it. After that, I was convinced he saw something that was pretty serious and I had no interest in going back. Lots of interesting stuff in and around Bear.
bwilly20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bwilly20 »

^^^^thanks!!!
JoshC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JoshC »

Now this is cool. I so wanna go there. :D
bwilly20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bwilly20 »

bigcozy wrote:My first post didn't go through and it was long, this will be a much shorter version.

The property is easily seen on Hwy 270 on the left after you pass Owl Creek Rd. and before you get to Crystal Springs road.

I have been in it about ten times. I have a cousin that lives fairly close, and we have had some odd experiences in there. There is a small house right next to it, and there is usually someone living in it. I have seen a couple of times that someone tried living in the large house, but they always move out and the house falls back in to disrepair. When I was a kid, back in the 70s, there were lots of hippies moved down to this area from up North, and they would live in any building they could find. I haven't been in there since around 87, but there was always evidence of people smoking weed and drinking and whatever. Three times I have experienced wierdness in there. In 87 I heard someone walking around in there, but three of us couldn't find anyone in the house. The oddest thing was in 85, I went in there with my cousin. He was from the area, and the kind of guy that doesn't get excited about anything, I use to call him "No Pulse". Three times I saw him raise his rifle and flip off the safety, something I have never seen him do in any situation. When I asked him what was going on he said he thought there was someone moving around everytime he entered a room. He wasn't the kind of guy to point a gun at anyone, let alone someone that my be a local that he knew. He was clearly very spooked by something, and to this day won't discuss it. After that, I was convinced he saw something that was pretty serious and I had no interest in going back. Lots of interesting stuff in and around Bear.

so should we have a rifle handy???
JoshC
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by JoshC »

Is this the right location for mayberry spa?
bwilly20
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bwilly20 »

if i read those directions right, it has to be close......
bigcozy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by bigcozy »

Its close, but I can't tell from those pictures. It is shortly before you get to Crystal Springs road on the left. It is easily seen from 270/Albert Pike on the left going toward Crystal. It is not hard to find.

A word of warning, I haven't been there in many years, but there has pretty much always been a caretaker there. There is a small house about 40 yards to the left, easily seen also from the road. They will usually run off people. Back "in the day" there was no one around and we had the run of the place. I am not sure my post above gives you the creepy factor that place had.
jakethesartech2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by jakethesartech2 »

any good coords for this or good directions?
jolojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by jolojim »

I guess i really love stories about the Hot Springs area like a some good places for relaxing that has a hot spring.. love to go there again...

0-99 Poster

Post by djfoxsr »

Haven't been on the site in a while. The inn burned down quite a while back. It is just a chimney standing there now. I haven't bothered to even pull in the drive since then.
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

Well that's a total bummer.
Melh
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Melh »

I am aware that the Mayberry burned down several years ago but can someone point me In the direction of where It once stood?