Maumelle AR old munitions bunkers....

Urban exploration in Arkansas
wandering
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Maumelle AR old munitions bunkers....

Post by wandering »

Maumelle in WWII was an old Munitions base. The bunkers are still there and alot was open so you could enter. I'm not sure whats still there as the town has grown ALOT but these bunkers was west of town from the park. Theres one park on maumelle blvd, thats not t he right one.
Go down part the police station turn right on the side roads there. They turned one of the bunkers into a picnic pavalion. From it there use to be dirt roads all over back in there. I use to ride dirt bikes back in that area. But its been 20 years. So someone else will have to see whats still there.
Ford Prefect
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Maumelle AR old munitions bunkers....

Post by Ford Prefect »

There is not much left at all. Most of the bunkers have been bulldozed to make way for more houses. The most recent to meet the grader blade were three located to the north of the park, they were leveled to make way for some new apartments. There are four, I think, still intact, and the city uses them for storage.

On another note, I was once told that the guy who first started building houses in Maumelle back in the 1960's provided home owners with a time capsule. The capsule was to be filled with various personal belongings and identification and kept in their freezers. It was suppost to help out emergency workers in the event the Russians attacked. I doubt it is true, just a myth I heard back in high school.
"Go where you think you want to go, do everything you were sent here for. Fire will and you hear that call, touch your hand to the wall at night." I'm a dork, and if you are a dork too, you just read some of my shit, don't get me wrong though!