Siloam Springs - Some Crazy Sh*t

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Siloam Springs - Some Crazy Sh*t

Post by Sertile »

I found this on Project Redbook, which is basically a thing that gets distributed around to a lot of different paranormal/conspiracy sites and is occasionally updated. It's supposed to be a comprehensive list of UFO bases and the like, but it also includes a lot of interesting stores, many of which UO readers are already familiar with (the Gowrow/Devil's Hole, Cushman Blowing Caves, and in the Carthage Underground in some newer versions).

ANYWAY, all the talk about the Eureka Springs underground prompted me to check the Redbook for any additional anecdotal information, and I found this:

"ARKANSAS, SILOAM SPRINGS - Reportedly the site of major "underworld" [drug dealing] cults who utilize ancient underground caverns. source: The Omega File; Siloam Springs, Arkansas info "

Source: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowl ... er010.html

And after a quick search for "Omega File: Siloam Springs" I found this:

"If the importance of the caverns beneath Siloam Springs and Eureka Springs [CIA-Masonic-Mafia 'underground' drug capital in Arkansas...] is a bane of contention between the picturesque little towns, Hot Springs, Arkansas, would be the next logical choice for investigation. During the 1930 Prohibition days, it was frequently reported in a Chicago newspaper that Chicago gangsters traveled often to Hot Springs to go to the horse races and soak in the hot baths. It seems reasonable, based on what we think we know now, that during the lulls in recreational activities in Hot Springs, leaders of the various gangs made discrete trips to the caverns beneath the city to brag about their latest exploits and to bring offerings of gold."

And it just goes on from there.

Source:
http://crashrecovery.org/OMEGA-FILE/omega32.htm

Thoughts?
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Riggz13
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Siloam Springs - Some Crazy Sh*t

Post by Riggz13 »

Reminds me of Demolition Man where you had Dennis Leary and all those other people living under the city with all the stuff that had been forbidden in the future.

I say let's find it and get some money through illicit channels!
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Re: Siloam Springs - Some Crazy Sh*t

Post by BROUSER »

I've come across that sort of stuff before. The internet is wonderful. The weirdos who believe this stuff and are considerate enough to try to disseminate their knowledge and paranoia used to have to mimeograph all their well-documented literature and hand it out on street corners with their own little purple ink-stained hands. I kind of like it, though. Then again, I have a passing interest in all kinds of off the wall, completely fabricated belief systems. You know, Scientology, Christianity, Buddhism, neo-conservatism, etc.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Siloam Springs - Some Crazy Sh*t

Post by junkman306 »

Weird. I'd love to investigate.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?