Caving Eureka Springs

Urban exploration in Arkansas
kjohnnytarr
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Caving Eureka Springs

Post by kjohnnytarr »

Sertile wrote:Um... I don't recall there being a castle the last time I was there, but who knows? It's just up the hill from the Funnel Cake Factory.
Sorry, I was a little "off" when I asked that. The restaurant I was talking about is owned by an insanely rich guy who is building a castle as his home someplace in the area, and he has pictures and blueprints in the restaurant. Also, there is definitely no cave at this place. That was just the Captain talking.
Praying for me is like putting quarters in a coke machine that isn't plugged in.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Got a little captain in you?
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Gatsby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Caving Eureka Springs

Post by Gatsby »

The outdoor entrance to the catacombs is near this shop, but you have to go through private property to get there I'm afraid. :x The small cave in Basin Park is only a tight squeeze for the first three turns and then it opens up into a small chamber that some hobo lived in for a bit (small campfire in a bucket). The crawl tube keeps going after that, but I haven't advanced any farther yet.
I refuse to answer that question on the basis that I don't know the answer.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

I'll have to check out the basin park cave sometime. I don't remember seeing it. Do you have to sneak in or is it open?
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Gatsby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gatsby »

Define "open".
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

as in you can just walk or crawl in and no one says anything.
What's the point of making a point if the point you are trying to make is pointless? Do you get my point?
Gatsby
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gatsby »

I've just always made sure that no one was around when I went in and hid my equipment bag in a nook. It could possible be illegal, but I'm ignorant on that point.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Good enough for me. As long as there isn't someone constantly watching it. Where is it exactly?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

It really shouldn't be illegal. It's wide open, and it would be the easiest cave in the world to gate since it's just a hole in a rock wall about 2 ft wide. Just go to Basin Spring Park, go up the stairs to the little balcony, and there it is, right in the cliff face. It's impossible to miss if you're actually looking for it and have any cave sense to speak of.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
testube
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by testube »

Hey, regarding that "castle" near Eureka Springs that was mentioned...
Here's a link:

http://www.castleroguesmanor.com/castle-welcome.html

You can get there on the way to Holiday Island.
It's really cool looking, but I haven't been inside.
They rent it out for weddings and parties, etc.
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Sertile wrote:It really shouldn't be illegal. It's wide open, and it would be the easiest cave in the world to gate since it's just a hole in a rock wall about 2 ft wide. Just go to Basin Spring Park, go up the stairs to the little balcony, and there it is, right in the cliff face. It's impossible to miss if you're actually looking for it and have any cave sense to speak of.
I've never walked up there. I'll go next time i'm down that way.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

My son and I walked up there last time we were down. As usual, he wanted to go "up there" and tried to climb the rock bluff. He almost got away from me to the point I couldn't reach him. His motto is "Excelsior!"
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
Former User #2
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Former User #2 »

huh, sounds like somthing to check out..........
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

Field trip!!! Actually i don't think I ever knew there was a cave up there.