pics from todays outing.

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Static_Age
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

pics from todays outing.

Post by Static_Age »

I had the day off, so I went driving on roads I have always wanted to go on. heres the pics.

this is how you get to the 2nd level of the building. up the plank you go.

another ground pic of building.

2nd level, notice the lonely toilet.

another shot of 2nd level

this is from the 2nd level going down into the basement or floor level. lots of debris, and rusty nails.

inside, just beyond those doors, was a bathroom, with several showers, and a few toilets.

I found this "lake" while driving between fayetteville and westfork on some dirt roads, its called "wilson lake"

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed."
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Re: pics from todays outing.

Post by GlassCurtain »

Nice finds! What was that building used for?

Nice lake too. Were there many people there?
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasscurtain/
Static_Age
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Static_Age »

GlassCurtain wrote:Nice finds! What was that building used for?

Nice lake too. Were there many people there?
Its hard to say what the building used to be, since it had multiple showers in there, it might have been formerly some kind of small factory, not sure really.

and there was no one at the lake, its was really nice.
there was a pier/boat dock that was pretty cool.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Cool. a hidden lake. Might be prime for a UO picnic. We could show the out of towners some places around here. :)
“I investigate things to complete my knowledge, my complete knowledge makes my thoughts sincere, my thoughts being sincere; my heart is pure.”

Static_Age
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Static_Age »

GlassCurtain wrote:Cool. a hidden lake. Might be prime for a UO picnic. We could show the out of towners some places around here. :)
that would probably be an excellent location since its out in the middle of nowhere.

maybe we should work on that, I'll see if camping is allowed there or not.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

Static_Age wrote:that would probably be an excellent location since its out in the middle of nowhere.

maybe we should work on that, I'll see if camping is allowed there or not.
sounds good. let me know what you find out.
Static_Age
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: pics from todays outing.

Post by Static_Age »

I forgot to include the GPS coordinates if anyone wants to look up the lake

36.000 N
94.135 W

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lon=-94 ... at=36.0003
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

I know that lake! You may have crossed a "hauneted bridge" to get out there. It is known as Tilly Willy Bridge, and the stories about it are great. The lake is a neat place and with the bridge nearby would make for an interesting camping spot. I live pretty close to that place, but I'll be keeping that location to myself.

Here are the daytime pics that I took of Tilly Willy a few years ago. We also got some video around the same time only after midnight. Caught some interesting lights, and sounds, but that is about it.

I have some more pics of it with the water low, but I can't find them right now.

Static_Age
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Static_Age »

So thats the Tilly Willy bridge?, I went over it today, and my Jeep is almost wider than the bridge.

I would love to know more about the history of that area/bridge.
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

Just Google it, you should find the "ghost stories" about it. That's actually how I found it to begin with. We were searcing haunted places in NWA and that was one that was mentioned alot.

We crossed it in ChadMexico's Tahoe and had to step lightly when getting out with it parked on the bridge (stopping the car and killing the engine is part of the stories). We went out there around midnight with 3 friends, and my video camera. After seeing some weird stuff we went back for more footage the same night.
GlassCurtain
Cereal Smuggler
Cereal Smuggler

Post by GlassCurtain »

AWESOME!!! How is it that I've lived in NWA almost all my life and have never heard of the tilly willy bridge? We're definitely going to have to have a gathering there.

godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

Even if we can't camp at the lake there is plenty of land in that area that I'm sure the owners would let us use for a night or two. There are suposed to be some good hiking trails around the lake as well.
Rider_55
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Rider_55 »

Wilson lake is the former public water supply for Fayetteville. There is a nice loop around the lake for hiking. I believe the area closes at dark an I have seen police in the area. They keep a close eye on any and all dams that have potential to damage the public. This one has houses immediately down stream.
godfather
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by godfather »

Yes, there is alot of PD activity out there after dark. We saw one cop come out there on our outting. We also saw what looked like a drug deal shortly before the cop made his visit...he just missed them. That is why I mentioned trying to get access to some of the private land out there.
TooMuchCoffee
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by TooMuchCoffee »

There is no camping at the lake. Sorry. It closes at dark. Police patrol mostly due to drug dealing, parties, and illicit sexual activity. :shock:

As for the Tilly Willy bridge, please use extreme caution around it and when crossing. Note that on the "downstream" it is VERY deep with a rapid current and a strong "hydraulic" effect, (almost like an undertow) suffiecient to pull you under and hold you there. We have had quite a few drownings and swift water rescues there. It is much deeper than it appears. And now that it's getting cold, I don't want to freeze my jimmies off looking for you.
And never, ever, try to cross it when it's under water!!

As for the ghost stories, they're pretty cool. Especially if there's a full moon. Try it out (just be careful) sometime. Right now, due to Halloween, there's a lot of people trying to see the ghosts. My favorite story is the one that says if you look off the side on a full moon night, you'll see the ghost standing behind you in the waters reflection.
Also try "Sleepy Hollow" on Happy Hollow road. Turn north off of Huntsville. Get out and listen for the "screaming woman" and see if you see her. Raise the hair on your arms right off!
"Anyone else smell that?"