Facts on Dogpatch being SOLD

Urban exploration in Arkansas
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

RE: Facts on Dogpatch being SOLD

Post by ropingk »

Hey I know that the movie remake of Starsky and Hutch was about as bad as it could get I could'nt even get through the first 15 minutes
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I made it through the first 15 minutes, but it was still a bad movie... to cheesy for my tast. Though Coneheads was a good movie!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I did see the last clip in the starskey and hutch movie where david Soul and Paul Michel were there and i am really hoping they were made-up to look that old cause they really looked rough
atron
Jedi Infiltrator
Jedi Infiltrator

Post by atron »

On note of the general lee, did anyone catch the discovery channel show about Kenny Wayne Shepard restoring a 69' Charger named the Xtreme General Lee. It was pretty interesting, they showed a bunch of stuff from the original show and how they used hundreds of chargers. They literally were tearing the things up before the paint had even dried.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

wow...
this topics has got off course
Dogpatch Expert
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Yea, it is. Should we start a new thread about tv?

So any new news about Dogpatch? To get this back on topic.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I went by dogpatch on my way up to bass proshop i noticed a shit load of people fishing (even though there is a shit load of "posted" no hunting or fishing signs) in the creeks and the hub has put there new sign up looks good.
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Facts on Dogpatch being SOLD

Post by White Rabbit »

dogpatchex wrote:I went by dogpatch on my way up to bass proshop i noticed a shit load of people fishing (even though there is a shit load of "posted" no hunting or fishing signs)
They were actually fishing in the park...?
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

YES!!! right there in plan fucking view of hwy7. and there is posted signs all over the dam park.... and they left there vhicles sitting on the side of the road infront of the park like non one can guess what the hell there doing... people are fucking stupid...

from all the cops going back and forth from jasper to harrison i would not be surpised if they got there ass busted
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Facts on Dogpatch being SOLD

Post by White Rabbit »

dogpatchex wrote:YES!!! right there in plan fucking view of hwy7. and there is posted signs all over the dam park.... and they left there vhicles sitting on the side of the road infront of the park like non one can guess what the hell there doing... people are fucking stupid...

from all the cops going back and forth from jasper to harrison i would not be surpised if they got there ass busted
That's weird. Do you think the owner gave them permission or something? I don't know what the heck they'd fish for there anyway. I guess there could still be trout there, but I always figured they had died off.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

If it's Rainbow Trout there's most likely still fish there... they are not natural to a lot of this region of the country but they sure as hell can survive and multiply.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Actually, I was thinking about asking whether or not any fish were seen, myself. Not an avid fisherman, though, so I didn't bother. There are three (I think) varieties of trout that survive and multiply in Missouri waters, two of which I think are native and the Rainbow is counted as a native species because it's become naturalized and is now an integral part of some stream ecosystems.

Not an avid fisherman, but yes an avid naturalist.

So, basically, if the park had a good stock of trout in it to begin with, and if the water was moving fast enough to provide decent oxygenation and if it was shaded to keep the water cold enough for the trout, then there are very likely still trout in the park's pools. If that picture that was put up here with the waterfall and the shaded pool below it was at all accurate as a sample of what's found there, then my guess is that there are probably a pretty fair number of them.

Granted, there probably aren't as many as there would have been when the park was running and they were probably fed, but that doesn't mean there aren't enough there to make fishing it very worthwhile.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
downhil
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by downhil »

time to get out the snoopy fishing pole and throw some corn kernals on the hook. i still remember how easy it was to catch a trout there. basically you just cast out, then reeled it back in, and in the process you snagged a rainbow by the fin or something. :wink: there were tons in there.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

Given the laws of competition in nature, my guess is that, depending on how many there really were to begin with, there are probably somewhere between a fifth and a quarter as many as there were before, but that's still probably a lot of trout, particularly in relation to the number found in most streams.

On the subject of trout fishing, you might try balled-up brownie chunks. Yeah, I know it sounds silly, but trout like chocolate. 'Course, the place I found this out was another local trout farm (owned by Johnny Morris as well). So that may be just because trout there will eat anything.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I have trout fished at meramec Springs for years and for some reason i ALWAYS have good luck with white bread balled up and loaded with garlic (they are pretty good to eat yourself if you like garlic) I really dont think fish can smell but something has to atract them to things like cho.and garlic, and samon eggs......