Facts on Dogpatch being SOLD

Urban exploration in Arkansas
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Facts on Dogpatch being SOLD

Post by travcojim »

Okay, for us who like the old part of the park the way it is, which is great for exploring and a little risky... We are saved.. The parts of Dogpatch that were sold are the parts we are not intrested in :D They are the five buildings up top, the old Marble Falls winter complex, which are the old Hotel, the Convention center, the old Ice skating rink and the old Bonaza restaurant building and the Strip mall building and the big parking lot. So basically they left the old part of the actual TOWN below alone. Which is good news for us who were wanting a return trip to the land of Smooze. BUT WE BETTER DO IT BEFORE WE ARE TOO LATE
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Facts on Dogpatch being SOLD

Post by White Rabbit »

That's definitely good news. Glad to hear it.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I have a feeling that if anyone ever buys the actual park of Dogpatch that it will be saved. If you have noticed, the people that grew up going there are getting old enough that some of them have the money and most are nostalgic for their childhood. I doubt that anyone would want to tear it down. The only reason anything in the park would get torn down is if a particular building was so far gone that it could not be restored (I noticed in some of the pictures that there are a few buildings like that). I also thought of seeing if the Hershends who own Silver Dollar City would be interested in seeing if they would like to own the park. They bought Mutton Hollow and turn it into a really nice (money making) park which is now called Celebration City. I know if anything they would preserve the old cabins. :-)
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by travcojim »

Last summer I talked with Paul Hershend who owns Silver Dollar City and he said that at this time he had more going on around the Branson area than he has time for and he didn't think he wanted to venture out with anything else at this time. But he did say that Dogpatch could be turned into a place that would pay for itself, he just didn't have any plans on doing it then. Not to say that somewhere down the road he would not look at it. At that time he was busy with the gambling vote that was coming up for Rockaway Beach and some other projects. But he was kind enough to take the time to listen to the questions I had about the old place. For a man who owns the biggest place in Branson, actaully a few of them, he is a down to earth man.
I do agree that whoever buys it will keep the spirit of the old place alive. With the right person I am sure the place can do better than it had in the past. Maybe if the new venture up top takes off then that will lead to more good things for the place. Maybe we should talk with the masters of Harley Davidson??? hummmm
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

If your refering to Ford (now the owners of Harley Davidson) I don't reconmend it... The company is so coporate it isn't funny...

dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

i have walked around the old site that has been purchased and it is about as bad as the park itslef. All the buildings are falling in and those little triangle shaped rentable building rooms are about to cruble over, but the big hotel at the top of the hill looks ok i did not see any damage but you never know....
Dogpatch Expert
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I guess here is what was sold this aireral photo is of the resort as you can see the gates the big church looking building and other stuff.

This picture is of the Restort and gate leading to the trolly / park this picture also has the dinner the mall the motel 8 looking motel and the metting arena thing.
This picutre shows the nice looking big round logde luxery hotel that sites at the top of the rock cliff that overlooks hwy7 (if you are drive to russellville from harrison look up before the dogpacth resort road and on the big rock hill, if its not grown up, then you can see the hotel)
Dogpatch Expert
StrangeBrew
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by StrangeBrew »

one of the 2 guys that bought the property on top of
dogpatch is a friend of mine. he already has the convention center open and hosting events. you can
check some pix out at their web site
http://www.hubinfo.com
Watcher
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Post by Watcher »

I always thought it was really sad that the resort was not being used. I know it makes it difficult to go poking around out there, but I still think it's neat.
"Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life flash before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea..."
- Spike, "BTVS"
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Do they also own the big lodge hotel over looking highway 7?

EDIT:
They got a nice website but is this an Orb in one of pics
Dogpatch Expert
Jermy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jermy »

flipping sweat..ive heard alot about dog patch......whats the story with that is is hauted or just dangerus?
....i was in a cave...(i saw a boomeragne getting larger then it hit me)
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Just dangerous from what I know... lol, lots of us older people remember being there when we were children. Myself included.

ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

Willard I just dont think that 23 is a "Older Person"
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Anyone born after 1985 makes me feel old... I remember things from when I was 2... I know more stuff that happened before I was born then most people born after me know about what happened within their first 3 to 5 years of life... sorry if I steped on any toes. When my cousins (born in 1990 and later) didn't know what records were, I thought I was going to cry.

ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

First I was born way before 1985 but i do know what you are saying some of the kids today are like in a diffrent world than I grew up in and in a way it is sad
even thought they would not agree
When you hear how bad it is for a young child to have to stand outside in the "elements" to wait for a school bus I think of when I was in school (and this is not a joke even thought it sounds like it should be)
I was 10 years old i had to feed and milk our 4 cows and feed the pigs and then walk 3/4 of a mile up our driveway to catch the bus at 6:30 am in the morning, and it did not matter if it was snowing or raining or if it was 50degrees or 0 it simply had to be done
Looking back I don't regret anything it was tough at the time and i didnt like having to do it but i wish i could go back and do it all over again
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead