Wish this forum didn't die...

Urban exploration in Arkansas
NoahsArkansas
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Wish this forum didn't die...

Post by NoahsArkansas »

We need some way to resurrect this forum. Does the owner still check on it? Would love to help out and maybe possibly update the old format of this forum and bring in more people.
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Wish this forum didn't die...

Post by mindwaave »

Our posting population has decreased, but our forum is very much alive... Even this Arkansas board has seen some action recently.

Feel free to bring more Arkansans here to discuss topics or share photos, though! I plan to visit soon, both for urbex and mountain biking 8)
Preservation over plunder.
Catacomber
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Catacomber »

I'm new here. Just joined as I'm looking for places to explore and potentially film with my friends. We're horror and adventure junkies so this stuff is prime to us. I'm from the central AR area and stumbled on this forum today and had to join.
Chubz
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Chubz »

Convince everyone to leave instagram and reddit and use traditional message boards.

It's not as easy as it sounds.

Another issue is that people love exploring in their 20s, but as they get older the risk becomes a bit harder to manage and families start to grow and exploring time isn't as abundant. Need a steady growth of young explorers and that's where my first point becomes relevant.
ultimate lurker
LTRP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LTRP »

if more people start posting it will be more active its always been kinda slow
Formaly RXGT
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

NoahsArkansas wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:49 am We need some way to resurrect this forum. Does the owner still check on it? Would love to help out and maybe possibly update the old format of this forum and bring in more people.
White Rabbit moved website responsibilities to more active members (it's not me) years ago and they are working on stuff in the background. But the main issue is like Chubz & LTRP said, need new peeps to replace the people that have gone inactive. The forum isn't dead, but a lot of peeps that used to post don't any more, especially the OG SW MO/ NW AR crowd.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Also, a lot of new or prime locations are kept out of the public eye to keep them from getting fucked up by idiots.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
LTRP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LTRP »

Nicotti wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:50 pm Also, a lot of new or prime locations are kept out of the public eye to keep them from getting fucked up by idiots.
It seems the moment some place gets known taggers cover it and it gets torn down like Monte Ne or they get turned into a Kum & Go
Formaly RXGT
NoahsArkansas
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by NoahsArkansas »

Well nice to see the replies! I'm gonna try and be more active and maybe drive some more members here. I also agree that a lot of spots are being destroyed and it's sad
LTRP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LTRP »

NoahsArkansas wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:13 am Well nice to see the replies! I'm gonna try and be more active and maybe drive some more members here. I also agree that a lot of spots are being destroyed and it's sad
I used to go to this old tyson plant in south Fayettevile it was realy cool sadly it's now a Kum & Go
Formaly RXGT
LTRP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LTRP »

LTRP wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:40 pm
NoahsArkansas wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:13 am Well nice to see the replies! I'm gonna try and be more active and maybe drive some more members here. I also agree that a lot of spots are being destroyed and it's sad
I used to go to this old tyson plant in south Fayettevile it was realy cool sadly it's now a Kum & Go
I think posting pictures of some of the explorations might bring more people back to the forum I would just make sire not to post any thing thay we want to keep on the down low
Formaly RXGT
87DieselMerc
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by 87DieselMerc »

I am also new here, but have periodically visited over the years. only after seeing this recent activity I've decided to get involved and visit some locations.
LTRP
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LTRP »

87DieselMerc wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:16 pm I am also new here, but have periodically visited over the years. only after seeing this recent activity I've decided to get involved and visit some locations.
Awsome what are tue collest places
Formaly RXGT