Anyone familiar with the Devil's Staircase?

Urban exploration in Arkansas
Bella Italiana77
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Anyone familiar with the Devil's Staircase?

Post by Bella Italiana77 »

I've heard about this place over the years. Apparently, its around Riverside Park, in Searcy, Arkansas. It got the name from the nature-made steps that lead down from the park, which are very steep and narrow. Supposably, a few people reached the bottom one time to find a bunch of Satan-worshipping stuff lying around...sticks, assembled weirdly, piles of rocks around what was a fire, pentagrams, and dead birds. They said they got a freaky feeling, as if something was watching them from the trees, and they tore down all of the stuff and left. I haven't heard much about this since...but I was wondering if anyone else had.

Also, was the old TB Sanatorium torn down, or renovated? I haven't heard much about it, lately, either.
"Dream as if you'll live forever - Live as if you'll die tomorrow."
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Anyone familiar with the Devil's Staircase?

Post by White Rabbit »

Hrm, I've never heard of either one of those. Hopefully one of our Arkansas guys on here has and will chime in.
David Keetz
Mercurial Disciple
Mercurial Disciple

RE: Anyone familiar with the Devil's Staircase?

Post by David Keetz »

i've heard of it.....i had a friend from searcy who used to tell me effed up stories about a bunch of kids from that town...

i never got to go and check it out...but there are a BUNCH of messed up kids from searcy