Dogpatch Poll

Urban exploration in Arkansas

What Will Happen

Poll ended at Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:47 pm

Some one will buy it and then will make it work
No votes
Some one will buy it and fail
38%
No one will buy it and the Corp that owns it will make it into a arts and craft village and CEO Retreat
63%

Total votes: 8

dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Dogpatch Poll

Post by dogpatchexpert »

What do you think about Dogpatch and its future.
Dogpatch Expert
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

RE: Dogpatch Poll

Post by ropingk »

As much as I would love to see it up and running again I dont think that will ever happen at least not the way it was I see it as maybe a retreat or a copr.get It could be such a cool place if the right people could get ahold of it, Hey is Marble falls still in operation?? I know at one time it was a part of the park but you never hear much about it?? I know it is still there is it accessable to explor or is that a no no :P
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

They where some people renting the hotel rooms but then the big corp. that own it kicked them out and placed Dog Patch for sell so.

But i dont think any one will buy it. I mean 5Mill on something that you know has failed.
Dogpatch Expert
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

You are right it has failed in the past, but you know as well as anyone there were a lot of reasons, if the owners had put the profit back into the park in stead of there pockets, they could have keep it up a lot better and the motels and ski resort could have been reworked into something more profitable, I know it is not close to any thing and it is really out there but there are lots of places that are in simlar locations and they work ,The main goal is to not compete with Branson make it more unique and something diffrent more personal
But then it is always easy to coach from the sidelines It is just a shame that something cant be worked out to save something this special :shock:
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Eh, I hate to be the cynical dick of the thread, but I don't think anything could ever really flourish in that location. It's miles away from squat down a curvey two-lane highway. It's very scenic, but there's nothing around. Harrison and Jasper aren't exactly known for their booming tourism business :P

A resort might be able to work there, as kind of a backwoods retreat, but I don't even think that would work. There just isn't enough civilization around to keep visitors occupied and coming back.

If Dogpatch had been opened outside of Branson, it'd still be around today.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

See Magic Springs took back off when it was restored because of the fact that it was so close to Little Rock but dog patch is in the middle of the dang sticks.

But i dont see any body in there right mind buying it to try to build the park back up. Now i see some rich bastard takeing the park and makeing a retreat for all there stock market cheating buddies.
Dogpatch Expert
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

I thought that there was a big time White Water rafting river close to it??? But I could be way wrong and I can see some rich dude buying it and having his own playland now that would be awesome
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

The Buffalo is close to dogpatch
Dogpatch Expert
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

That sounds right a bunch of guys from where I work got togther and went there to float that was still when Dogpatch was still kinda limping along To tell you the truth I think they had a elephant that you could ride for a fee,,hey is the big water wheel still there or has it returned to mother earth??? in all the pics I never see anything about the old Mill I think there was a restruant in it and I know you could buy ground corn and flour :lol:
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I dont think there was a restruant inside the mill. I know you could buy cron mill. My grandma made some corn bread with it and it was good, but i never been inside the mill when always went i was young and wanted to ride stuff not go into no boreing mill :P
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Dogpatch Poll

Post by White Rabbit »

ropingk wrote:hey is the big water wheel still there or has it returned to mother earth???
Unless it's fallen off in the last few months, it's still there.
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I need to make another trip to dogpatch
Dogpatch Expert
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

if you do make a trip how would you feel about company? Or do you always go alone which I totaly understand I dont know when you are thinking but I would really like to go and see the park and maybe see if you can get into the Cave
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I dont know, it will be a long time before i make another trip up that way. I think in next summer i am going up to Branson (IHATEBRANSON).
Dogpatch Expert