Every Cave in Ozark Quadrangle

Urban exploration in Missouri
Caveman2112
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Every Cave in Ozark Quadrangle

Post by Caveman2112 »

Also I'm not worried about what my entires are on here I've been reading on here for quite a while just have never had anything to say until now.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.
Caveman2112
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Caveman2112 »

I could believe some of the redneck groups that call themselves grottos get drunk and litter caves. SPG has several resteration projects going on due to vandals.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Caveman2112 wrote:And by stupid stuff what do you mean stupid stuff?
Long standing personal belief, that would always cause arguments between myself and my caving buddies. I understand restoring ecosystems in caves, but I think grottos go overboard with restorations. Glueing speleothems that aren't habitats back together is dumb. I understand the reasoning, the reasoning is flawed.
Caveman2112
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Caveman2112 »

Your information on Grottos is inaccurate, personal reasons I understand totally even though everyone I've met from grottos are really nice, I get that. We don't just go gluing speleothems together we litterly spend HOURS putting together this massive "jig saw puzzle". Unless we are 110% sure that soda straw goes there we will not put it there. I mean who else is going to scrub spray paint off a flowstone. The guys who did it? I think not.
Caveman2112
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Caveman2112 »

And saying restoration of caves is stupid is like saying restoring a corvette is stupid but the guys reason for restoring it is that it's a classic well caves on the other hand are "ancient" so what makes that so stupid?
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Caveman2112 wrote:we litterly spend HOURS putting together this massive "jig saw puzzle". Unless we are 110% sure that soda straw goes there we will not put it there.
Caveman2112 wrote:And saying restoration of caves is stupid is like saying restoring a corvette is stupid but the guys reason for restoring it is that it's a classic well caves on the other hand are "ancient" so what makes that so stupid?

Nah. From the above you wouldn't get the reasoning. And I'm not interested in arguing. I have my opinions, you have your opinions, let's leave it at that.
Caveman2112
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Caveman2112 »

I'm not arguing just trying to understand.