Caves in Hermann?

Urban exploration in Missouri
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Caves in Hermann?

Post by SubLunar »

This? Let's go!

I'm pretty sure I found this on a FUDS map once. I'll see if I can find more info.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: Caves in Hermann?

Post by SubLunar »

SubLunar wrote:This
"The Gasconade Boat Yard Facility is located approximately one mile northeast of Gasconade, Missouri. The site is situated at the confluence of the Missouri and Gasconade rivers. The facility was established as a boat yard in November 1892. It served as a major crossing for marine and rail shipping for the Missouri Pacific Railroad. During World War II, the facility provided boat manufacture and repair service for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. By 1972 the operations of the facility were reduced from boatyard operation to serving as a winter harbor. At one time, the site consisted of four two-story housing units, an engine and boiler room, a steam plant, a planing operation, maintenance shops, above-ground storage tanks, fuel transfer pump house, assembly buildings and several storage/support buildings. A rail spur was also constructed. Primary contaminants of concern are fuels, volatile organics, asbestos and metals."

In other words: let's go explore it.

http://cdm.sos.mo.gov/cdm4/item_viewer. ... &x=82&y=49
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: Caves in Hermann?

Post by mindwaave »

crazydrummerdude wrote:Let's check that out!
SubLunar wrote:This? Let's go!
Concurred.
ccsucher
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Re: Caves in Hermann?

Post by ccsucher »

Was reading this thread and seen you mentioned the The Gasconade Boat Yard Facility. Well did you go, was it an easy in. My wife and I have a wedding to attend this July out there and I was looking for thing to do while in Hermann.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CS-Photo ... 7629649444
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: Caves in Hermann?

Post by SubLunar »

I haven't been nor have I seen any photos of it.