The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Urban exploration in Missouri
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by lgoodin88 »

So there's this large, very old looking building on Y HWY in Forsyth MO. I can't really seem to find much information on it other than listings to stay there (which is funny, doesn't seem like it's been operational for quite sometime.)

The building is three stories, it's massive, beautiful and grim all at the same time. I've been drooling over this place for quite some time but was always warded off by rumors that it was being watched, or that it had alarms. Well, we braved the whole legality issues and went.

First off- the back door was unlocked and completely and openly accessible so we (three friends and myself) decided to enter. To be perfectly honest some of us in the group couldn't handle it so we didn't get very far. I want to go further, but I also see why my friends would want to abandon the mission. Not only were there the noises an old building would naturally make, but occasionally we'd hear a piece of furniture move in another room, or footsteps in the grass outside.

We decided to leave and head to our next destination (which will be a whole post of its own. It's been an eventful evening)

We go back to the B&B and this time couldn't even get the courage to stay and this time we weren't just hearing things, we were seeing things. This culminated in our last moment there. We took one final picture and when the flash appeared each of us saw a young girl standing on the balcony. This was our cue to go.

We were parked across the street at a park when security pulls up and asks us to leave the park. The man is probably in his mid 70s so we decide to ask about the B&B and he proceeds to tell us that after it had been foreclosed on the bank hired him to clean the place up. Only then do we learn some very twisted history and a confirmation that blew our minds.

The place was once some kind of hospital, it was later turned into a B&B then was closed down. There are two houses on the property, both abandoned and he described that people would buy them, then completely ditch them. Carpenters would get scared, one of the caretakers dog was attacked as well. But the last story he tells is about a little girl, in white. We had yet to even bring that up when he mentioned it.

If anyone has any information please let me know. This place is incredible and deserves so much recognition.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Re: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by lolabelle »

2803 State Hwy Y, Forsyth, MO 65653
http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15175640 ... orsyth-MO/

Not really anything found on this via a short google search.

gonna share the pic?
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

It was way dark and until I upload it on my computer and really look for it I'm going to avoid that lol. I'm doing all of this from my phone. But I'll upload it and look and if I see anything I'll upload it. I want to go back today and actually take pics of the place and upload them so you can understand the grandeur of this place. I also might swing by the Forsyth library today and try to dig up more info
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by SubLunar »

So what about the story of the girl in white?

I wish ghosts would appear for me. I wish, just once, I could encounter something like that, something that couldn't be easily explained away.

I've gone into abandoned hospitals alone to investigate bloody footprints. I hang out in abandoned houses by myself pretty often.

Nothing ever happens.
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

There's actually several stories to this place that the old man told us, i just didn't type them because the post was already so long.

First off, he told us about the little girl without us even telling him that we had thought we saw it. He even confirmed her get up which is what we described seeing.

He didn't know much history about the house, it doesn't really appear that anyone does, which once you see the pic I'm uploading you'll ask yourself "why doesn't anyone have any kind of information on this place?"

He told us a story about a carpenter who went to work on the house and while he was working on it a chair with his tools on it slid across the room. He left and never even returned for his pay or his tools. There's a room with a chair and a toolbox on the ground next to it.

He told us about this woman that lived in one of the houses on the property, she was a show girl in branson and as going to try to revive the B&B. She only got one floor completed before ditching the place. (Upon going in the first floor is completely elecrtified and the wiring has been done, third floor. There's no electricity what so ever.

He also told stories of things that had happened to him. He had his dog in there once and I guess the dog started running in circles then took off out the backdoor. When the old man went to check on his dog he found that a large chunk of his fur had been riped out of his tail. He told us that that spot stayed balled till the dog died.

Now here's a picture I found on google of the front of the B&B
Attachments
HMH.jpg
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I think what happens is people get themselves worked up about it and then assume anything weird is a haunting, rather than an explainable noise or event. But I would love to be wrong..

Where's your picture at?
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

Also, sorry to double post. But I forgot to even tell you all of the confirmed guests that have stayed there.

Al Capone stayed in the B&B during the prohibition era, Harry Truman and a associate of his named Pendegrast(?) stayed there as well.

The building info says it was built in 1923, However, the sign in the front yard says it started being a B&B in 1932. The old man did tell us (and this is a rumor from around here) that before it was a B&B it was a hospital.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

This reminds me of "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeves from 1980.

I know they are nothing a like but as soon as I saw that pic. I thought of the movie
Kit wrote:I am old
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

When I go to a place I try to keep my mind open to every possibility. 9 times out of 10 it's absolutely nothing. I confirmed that the house was making the normal wear and tear sounds. However, when you're outside a window and can hear a table (or something of that weight) move across the floor and there's no one inside the building, that's not some delusion created by someones mind. I know what I hear I know what I see. It's an unmistakeable, unexplainable sound.

And again, I did not actually see anything in the pictures (there's something there, but I'm not sure what it is at all and I'm not about to just blow this place up with abunch of dark grainy pics.) But again, we saw what we saw when the flash was executed, not in the picture.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

If nothing else, we all like to see photos of locations. If you have some, post em up!
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

I'll be next door to it today visiting a friend. I'll take some day pictures so you guys can get a real concept of what this place is like. Beyond all it's history and it's "haunted," happenings it's an incredible place and I truly just want to do it justice. I want you to see it for what it is. It's beautiful.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

We are all picture greedy we dont care if the picture sucks we love them all!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by Nicotti »

SubLunar wrote:I wish ghosts would appear for me. I wish, just once, I could encounter something like that, something that couldn't be easily explained away.

I've gone into abandoned hospitals alone to investigate bloody footprints. I hang out in abandoned houses by myself pretty often.

Nothing ever happens.
Apparently the dead fear you.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Obviously.

In all my illustrious career, I have snapped only one photo that is reasonably spooky. And I have had one spooky encounter. But that's it. Nothing like what ghost hunters typically describe in any given "hunt", let alone throughout the span of their careers..
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

I had the mansion on Scenic that you would hear people moving around in. Doors opening or closing, foot steps moving down the hall etc. It was crazy. And i grew up in a house built in the 1900's i know old house sounds... what I heard in there was not just old house sounds. Only time I have really felt like I was experiencing something paranormal and I did hunt for awhile.