The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Urban exploration in Missouri
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by lgoodin88 »

Then learn to read. Who breaks into a place that says NO TRESPASSING in the middle of a warm spring day in front of a park. Yea I'm not going to jail to fill someone's needs lol. I will get interior shots when I can.
BagHead727
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by BagHead727 »

lgoodin88 wrote:Then learn to read. Who breaks into a place that says NO TRESPASSING in the middle of a warm spring day in front of a park. Yea I'm not going to jail to fill someone's needs lol. I will get interior shots when I can.
Take a look around, we all do that. And you attract less attention when inside the building than if you're creeping around the exterior. Please don't make sub kill everyone!
aka "That Guy"
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by crazydrummerdude »

BagHead727 wrote:
lgoodin88 wrote:Then learn to read. Who breaks into a place that says NO TRESPASSING in the middle of a warm spring day in front of a park. Yea I'm not going to jail to fill someone's needs lol. I will get interior shots when I can.
Take a look around, we all do that. And you attract less attention when inside the building than if you're creeping around the exterior. Please don't make sub kill everyone!
+1
OzarkKrazO
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by OzarkKrazO »

i could be incorrect but i believe this 'the honeymoon hotel' is in ozark beach mo ~not forsyth. been there before and peeked in any window i could. it does look a little austere or hit me as having a haunted look and just the name 'honeymoon hotel.' isn't that the name of the hotel in the book by stephen king 'the shining :?: ' i was actually looking for info on this hotel myself but i have never been to the historical museum (library in forsyth?) or called the realtor yet. i do recall a tool box and saying to my husband that it looked like someone had been doing some work in there at least and looked forward to it opening. any testimonials about this old building and it's history would be much appreciated. i will be checking out history, if any, in forsyth history archives and the realtor company that is selling it for any background and will be back with any i find by september.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

This location is guarded 24/7 by robots, lasers and sharks. This is why no-one ever has or ever will explore it.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

what6 about the nijas
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Post by mindwaave »

Yeah, gotta watch out for those nijas. They'll do nija stuff to you.
Preservation over plunder.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

all night long
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
racer7x
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by racer7x »

I know it's been several months since anything has been posted about this place--anything new? Moved to Rockaway Beach (Don't ask why, just did. Moving into Branson when possible) this past August and and somehow stumbled across underground Ozarks (and glad I did) and saw this place being posted.
Took a drive by this place today--it is a very interesting looking building/property. No signs of any kind that I could see--no tresspassing, realtors, etc., so just wondering if someone could get in and get away with it. My luck I would still get my azz busted.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

This place doesn't exist. It's all just a collective hallucination. This is why no-one has been inside.
racer7x
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by racer7x »

That's one hell of a hallucination. Guess I'm suckin' in too much meth fumes from the neighborhood crack producer.
rkano67
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by rkano67 »

Hello,
The Honeymoon B&B began as a hotel in 1922. There was a "sister" hotel located in Rockaway Beach, Missouri, but it burned down.
The building eventually became a Nursing home. My mother and brother worked there. I helped do dishes in the summer when school was out. The Nursing home was closed sometime in the 90's. Then an investor bought it and spent about a million dollars converting it to a B&B.
I visited it in 2006, the manager lived on site and gave me a tour. She stated that at night on the main floor, she would hear conversations going on and hear chairs and tables being moved. She claimed to have found documents that pointed to abuse of the patients. What is interesting is that the third floor was never changed and still has the names of the patients on the doors. Other interesting facts are that the large marble fireplace and stairs are still there. The construction crew just boarded them up, so the large downstairs "wall" is really the marble stairs going from the first floor to the second.
The light poles in front of the building are original to the hotel as is the pool which is filled in but still maintains it's exterior construction and shuffle board there. it is located front left of the main entrance.
All the red brick and the exterior staircase were added during it conversion to a B&B.
Yes it is watched by a security guy, who drives a dark blue mini van.
It's been vacant since 2007, so I bet it is very active now.
If I can get my group in to investigate it, I will post our findings here.
Paranormal Truth Research Society
racer7x
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by racer7x »

If you do get the ok to investigate, can I tag along? I have no experience, just a great interest. I live 10 minutes from this property. Do you think you will be able to get past the wall to the staircase?
carl
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by carl »

Ok I am new to this forum but I have lived in the area for about 15 years, I also have been to this hotel. I have some pictures of the outside and some of the inside. I am not going to lie I could not build the courage to go inside. When I would go to take a picture through a open window I could see something run in front of the camera but I could never get it on the picture. I could hear a little girl cry out for her mom. I could smell sulfur or rotten eggs randomly while the other person with me could not. You could just sense that you are not welcome. But the strangest part is that when you leave something wants you to come back. Well I will post a few pics.
carl
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by carl »

Well I can't get pics to upload. Great