The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Urban exploration in Missouri
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by mindwaave »

I'd be up for a road trip if we can find some other places in the area to see as well, and if SubLunar doesn't kill us all..
Preservation over plunder.
sweetandsoursauce
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by sweetandsoursauce »

There has to be plenty around here. It feels like most of Taney county hasnt been developed in about 20 years. I'm sure we could drum up some more interesting finds.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Ok. Seriously. I'm killing every last one of us.
Moythaigrl
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Moythaigrl »

You know that show woman who owned the Honeymoon Hotel?... Because I do.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Y U NO POST PICS?
mindwaave
microwaave
microwaave

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by mindwaave »

Moythaigrl wrote:You know that show woman who owned the Honeymoon Hotel?... Because I do.
Do elaborate.
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

Alright guys. I have to apologize for being so long. I haven't been back out there in a long time. I finally went back today. To be honest I couldn't go in because it was a stunning day and there were a lot of people out so I couldn't really go in. But I did take some outside pictures. Last time I was in there every picture I freaking took came out blurry. I'm not really sure what happened, but that phone has since been lost to the toilet gods, so take two.

I'll post the outside pictures as soon as I can figure out how to get them from my phone to my laptop, give me a few moments. It is watched and it is private, so group trips is not a good idea and a strongly disapprove of that. Honestly I don't even feel safe with more than one person going in. I've been chased off the property and police refuse to even go inside. So taking big groups is a very very bad idea. Please don't do it. Not only that but this place has so much history and so much beauty, it really doesn't need to be raped with explorers. And if you do, an old man will probably seek you out and list out all the different reasons you don't need to be going in there lol.
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

Alrighty, sorry to double post. Here are some better outside pictures so you guys can get some idea of what we're dealing with.

And actually all the photos are too big and I'm definitely by no means some computer expert on how to resize these pics so... guess not

If there's anyone here I can email them to and they can shrink them down I'd be happy to do that :) I just now started using a laptop again after breaking mine a year ago, so this is kind of new (again) to me lol
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

you can shrink them in photobucket or do it at http://ipiccy.com/

posting pics here is not as hard as people want to believe!
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

It is when you're only allowed certain sizes and again am not an expert at photo editing. But thanks for the link, I got it all taken care of :)

I've recently been in contact with a Missouri Historian trying to get information on this place, but sadly there's not much out there. The Honeymoon Hotel did have a sister Hotel in Rockaway beach but it burned down, Harry S Truman and Al Capone WERE guests at one time and the guns being found in the wall is fact. However, not many news articles or stories have come out about the place. The Historian really couldn't find anything I didn't already know (besides the sister Hotel revelation)

I'm hoping next time I'm able to go in I can maybe find out more about it, but sadly most of its history seems to be a mystery.
Attachments
The backyard and another building. I've heard rumors that the other white building was used as a morgue when it was a functioning nursing home. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that.
The backyard and another building. I've heard rumors that the other white building was used as a morgue when it was a functioning nursing home. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that.
This was kind of surprising to me. There were also some candles on the picnic table. I don't know if this was left to creep people out, or some creepy person lets their kids play up here... I have no idea. Never seen that before.
This was kind of surprising to me. There were also some candles on the picnic table. I don't know if this was left to creep people out, or some creepy person lets their kids play up here... I have no idea. Never seen that before.
The stairs the lead to the back upper entrance
The stairs the lead to the back upper entrance
Lower back entrance
Lower back entrance
Some of the other houses/buildings on the property
Some of the other houses/buildings on the property
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
Closer
Closer
The Entrance Sign
The Entrance Sign
View from the park
View from the park
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

DUDE you're killing me. There's an open window in one of your shots. Where's the interiors?!
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Underground Ozarks is going to explode and kill everyone if the next post in this thread is not interior photos.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

BOOM!
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
Fischbait
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Fischbait »

its currently for sale I drive by this place just about everyday the price tag is about 300,000 I've lived here my whole life and have been in that building and never witnessed anything spooky.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

I'm seriously going to lose it. I'm losing it.