The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Urban exploration in Missouri
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by SubLunar »

OP says it was accessible as of Oct 2012. It's unlikely I'll be able to make it down there any time soon. Not sure what the springfieldians are waiting for since that's their neck of the woods.
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by lgoodin88 »

doodlebugg wrote:Before it was this b&b it was a care center for elderly and younger people as young as 18 who had mental challenges or weren't capable of living on there own. My parents worked there when it was this place and I pretty much grew up there we lived in the trailer behind because my mother was the manager and was always on call there. It looked different from the pic u have there it didn't have the stairs in the front it also instead of the gazebo it was a basketball court and I don't know if you saw the shack next to the building but that was a storage it had a lot of old wheelchairs beds and even a dentist chair along with a bunch of tools and creepy things. The 3rd story was always spooky no one lived up there for the longest time. My dad was the manteince man and he saw a woman walking from room to room and later found a old picture with the same women and saw figures that would disappear our dog wouldn't even go on the top floor.my brother also saw a man once just sitting on a bench and shortly disappeared. We would hear things but it was usually only that floor. The elevator would always go up and down by its self and sometimes furniture would be moved back to its original place like things people wouldnt be able to just casual push back like this grand piano that had been there forever. Even as creepy as it was it was like home. My brothers and I were always there. The only places there that I didn't ever like was 3rd floor and the laundry room which was on first floor on the back it also had like industrial bath tubs close by. Talk about creepy lookin. But I can't imagine walking around there now with out the lights on I have a bunch of pictures I don't know if anyone ever reads this anymore but if you'd like I can get them from my mom and post a few of what it looked like before oh and before it was a care center it was just a nursing home which I was there for as well before that I think I heard it was a hotel and also a hospital at one time.lots of memories there that's for sure.

I have so many questions for you! I posted this so long ago. Real life has been a complete dick to me for the last six months and I've not had a way to log on here.

When I read your response, to be honest my heart fluttered. This place has been my subconscious obsession for 2 years. I have to go to it every time I go to Forsyth. I don't. But that place has a pull on me. It's incredible. And you confirmed and corrected so much. I know you're legit, I think I saw furniture in the trailers window. Was that your families? I never went in the other buildings on the property.

That's incredible that you found this and could share your story. I have so many questions for you. But I'll save them for a pm. That's awesome!
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by lgoodin88 »

I apologize for double posting, but I have some news. It's been almost a year since I went in and today I got back in. I took a few pictures that I plan to post after going through them.
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

WHERE ARE THE PICS, MAN?
galena_mo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by galena_mo »

Hi, I just came across your post as I was doing some research on my family hotels. Two hotels were built that were called the "twins" because they were built the same. One in Rockaway Beach burned down in the 70's, was where city hall is now.And the2nd one, The honeymoon hotel you posted about on Ozark Beach across from lake taneycomo . I went inside hotel in 2008 to take some video and was very spooked, this was before i spoke with the caretaker who is was also security guy of park and heard some haunting stories. Hotel built in 1920's, was a hotel, then was medical building and hospital, nursing home and then hotel again I believe.
I am no longer in Missouri so I was curious to see if this hotel is for sale?, do you know?
C-182P
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by C-182P »

I was there this week and the place is almost beyond repair.
Whoever had the place took some walls out and tried to modify and probably didn't have construction sense. Load bearing walls need to be replaced with beams also the electrical bandits have stole breakers and copper from the place. Air conditioning condensers and copper lines gone as well. All the exterior wood is rotting and quite a bit of water damage inside. Either roof leaked or had plumbing freeze and bust. Black mold all over the place. The second and third story floors slope bad and are half rotten. The fire suppression system needs replaced or removed, half of it is gone already.

[/img]
redox
aka Sawney Bean
aka Sawney Bean

Post by redox »

aw was he trying to post a shot?
White Rabbit wrote:Welcome back. Find some cool stuff and tell us about it :P
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

pictures of this place don't exist. The building is in the twilight zone, a space in between realities. Thus, photos turn up blank. It's a scientific anomaly.
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

Ah, it must be near me then because my physical address seems to be in a space between realities if I want to have a pizza delivered or DSL connected, etc.
Gigerbyte
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Gigerbyte »

I can get some pics of the outside if needed. I actually live in forsyth. It is literally right off of Y hwy. You cant miss it.
odanyaelo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by odanyaelo »

pardon my absence. they honeymoon B&B has a for sale sign on the property... I'm not sure if it would be as easy to maintain entrance. I would however make an attempt soon. I've been tied up in family affairs. There is a local security patrol which is odd for a place closed down for so long. I will get some photos, and will upload them very soon.. Maybe even tomorrow.. Wife permitting. I know locations such as these are very intriguing. I do have an E.V.P. from a condemned house in local Taneyville, I'd be willing to upload as well as photos of the location. There have been SEVERAL owners in the past 20 years... Then it was finally abandoned, the previous owners left, and left all their possessions. Since then Vandals have demolished most of the residents. Taneyville has a bit of a morbid history, but there are pieces missing that I can't seem to find record of. Including how a few years after the town had been settled, it was burned to the ground. Back on Point... After wandering the residence trying to pick up on some of the paranormal that former occupants had mentioned... I came up with nothing, after leaving... I sat on the porch going through what I'd documented.. I had a spiritbox running with no other interaction, and out of the blue the only thing that came through was a voice stating my name and telling me to leave... I've not been back since... But I'm more than open to share the evidence.

From the stories of the B&B, I'd really like to get permission to test the waters here as well. I'm gonna get some rest now, but will be back later with evidence from the white house, and possibly a few external photos of the B&B in its current state! See you soon!
sweetandsoursauce
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by sweetandsoursauce »

I just registered so I can comment on this! I live in Bull Creek which is right outside Branson/Forsyth and was wondering if anyone was close to here that would want to check this place out if we could.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

GODDAMNIT would someone please explore this fucking place already?!

The next post better be interior pics or I'm killing us all.
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

SubLunar wrote:GODDAMNIT would someone please explore this fucking place already?!

seconded
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

slow_walker wrote:
SubLunar wrote:GODDAMNIT would someone please explore this fucking place already?!

seconded
That's it, I'm killing us all.