The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Urban exploration in Missouri
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by SubLunar »

Kit wrote:I had the mansion on Scenic that you would hear people moving around in. Doors opening or closing, foot steps moving down the hall etc. It was crazy. And i grew up in a house built in the 1900's i know old house sounds... what I heard in there was not just old house sounds. Only time I have really felt like I was experiencing something paranormal and I did hunt for awhile.
Can I move in, now please?
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

My apologies to the OP for getting us off track.

We need photos and background information. Visit the local historical society asap. More info please!

It is an interesting looking building.
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

I will as soon as I can. I don't visit very often, I'm currently in the middle of moving from one town to another. Doing research is low on the totem pile of things to do at the moment. When I get time however I plan to do some more research and take more pictures.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by gimpface »

I'm familiar with the building, but not its history, and I had no idea it was abandoned. I have good contacts at the historical society and do research there pretty frequently, so I'll look into it. I'm dubious about the hospital claims, but I've been surprised before.

Edit: Doing a little preliminary research, it turns out I know the guy who owns it, though I haven't spoken to him in years. May be able to set up some sort of legit exploration.

Edit 2: I still don't think it was a hospital, but it was an assisted living facility.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by Kit »

SubLunar wrote:
Kit wrote:I had the mansion on Scenic that you would hear people moving around in. Doors opening or closing, foot steps moving down the hall etc. It was crazy. And i grew up in a house built in the 1900's i know old house sounds... what I heard in there was not just old house sounds. Only time I have really felt like I was experiencing something paranormal and I did hunt for awhile.
Can I move in, now please?

Its a business now. I think they do weddings there. Coolest old house I have ever been in though.

Lots of pics here

http://www.undergroundozarks.com/forum/ ... ght=scenic
Kit wrote:I am old
SweetTater78
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by SweetTater78 »

Livin' in the ICT!
the_p0ssum
200+ Poster
200+ Poster

Post by the_p0ssum »

I've found references to the place previously being called Foster's Forsyth Assisted Living Center or Foster's Forsyth Residental Care.

The Secretary of State still has an active listing for FORSYTH ASSISTED LIVING CENTER, L.L.C. organized by a Bill Foster Sr.
Mandi Milenko
Miz Mayhem
Miz Mayhem

Re: RE: The Historic Honeymoon Hotel B&B- Forsyth MO

Post by Mandi Milenko »

SubLunar wrote:So what about the story of the girl in white?

I wish ghosts would appear for me. I wish, just once, I could encounter something like that, something that couldn't be easily explained away.

I've gone into abandoned hospitals alone to investigate bloody footprints. I hang out in abandoned houses by myself pretty often.

Nothing ever happens.
Troof! Although I swear I heard a little girl moaning in an abandoned school once. Could have been the wind.

And once we walked up to an abandoned house built in 1905 and smelled a fire, and when we looked in a window the fireplace was lit, but we didn't see anyone. We decided to go in anyway (we had as much right as whatever homeless person was there) but once we were inside there was no sign of the fire, or that anyone had been in there. Three of us saw the same thing though so it was spooky.
lgoodin88
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lgoodin88 »

The guy who owns it lives in Tulsa Oklahoma.
Coco
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Coco »

I got married there September 2, 2006 to my first husband and I found it online. Although, the history was rich, I was more intriqued by it's unique beauty. I fell in love with the pictures online, but when we met with the lady that owned it, at that time, the tour had me full on in love. The first floor had beautiful vintage furniture (baby grand piano inside, we married in the gazebo out front, went through red door), our guests trailed up the fabulous outside staircase to the second floor entrance for a sit down dinner, we took pictures across the street, lakeside (I kept glaring to the second & third floor to try and catch a glimpse of something). I kept thinking that we'd have paranormal phenomon captured in our wedding pics, but we didn't have a single thing. We stayed our first honeymoon night in the first room through the reception door. I felt a little uneasy at first, but chalked it up to an old building & rumors playing in my head, but prayed I wouldn't experience something that would scare me out of there. On the initial tour, the owner lady (renowned pianist), showed us the third floor (daytime), which was super creepy, faded names on the doors where it had been an insane asylum & hospital, was cold, lonely, and after walking through, we went back to the second floor, discussing wedding plans. The day we left, she showed us the either the first or second floor, through a hallway of wedding couple names (we wrote ours too) where she said, the room past that, was the shower where asylum employees would hose down patients, and leave them there. We were told about the famous guests, that it had also been a Hospital, Brothal, Hotel, then a B&B. The owner, I first gave our depisit to, rented (lease to own) the building to a Mother/Daughter wedding planning team (very shady) a couple of months later, tried changing pricing on us, but I demanded we pay what we had already decided on. They came around, we married, but when I called about reserving to stay there for our 1 year anniversary, the owner said, those 2 women, were wanted criminals, in numerous states for related charges, they bled her of her assets, and fled out of state to Virginia (I believe under another alias). That was the last I heard. If I can find pictures, I will, so y'all can see just how spectacular it was.
Marie Ortego
odanyaelo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by odanyaelo »

Coco is exactly right, it was built as a hotel, with a bar/brothal, later was converted to a hospital, fell into bad times and became an asylum.. After that it was revived as an assisted living facility.. My fiances mother had worked there at one point... I've been told stories about a dumbwaiter at the end of the hall.. staff would put carts with trays for residents on it for the second and third floor.. send it up and then go up to the floors for the contents only to be sent back down. Doesn't sound to strange accept for the size and structure of the building. It's not to large really, but 3 floors and would only carry 2 aides on staff... so a lof of times no one was on the other floors but residents in their rooms.. She had never seen or heard anything there when she worked there. Just the dumbwaiter... She did tell me that the girl in white was actually a hospital patient that was left with a balcony door open, young girl with something that had apearantly made her disoriented she stumbled of the balcony.. Sustained a head injury and died in near a weeks time from a hemmorrage... I've made attempts to investigate the place but it's pretty locked down at the moment. As far as the B&B I've never actually seen it open for business, but people have assured me, including my fiances mother that you can get permission to stay. Last I knew the current owner was a man in Tulsa Oklahoma... That's all I know, I don't live to far from the place
doodlebugg
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by doodlebugg »

Before it was this b&b it was a care center for elderly and younger people as young as 18 who had mental challenges or weren't capable of living on there own. My parents worked there when it was this place and I pretty much grew up there we lived in the trailer behind because my mother was the manager and was always on call there. It looked different from the pic u have there it didn't have the stairs in the front it also instead of the gazebo it was a basketball court and I don't know if you saw the shack next to the building but that was a storage it had a lot of old wheelchairs beds and even a dentist chair along with a bunch of tools and creepy things. The 3rd story was always spooky no one lived up there for the longest time. My dad was the manteince man and he saw a woman walking from room to room and later found a old picture with the same women and saw figures that would disappear our dog wouldn't even go on the top floor.my brother also saw a man once just sitting on a bench and shortly disappeared. We would hear things but it was usually only that floor. The elevator would always go up and down by its self and sometimes furniture would be moved back to its original place like things people wouldnt be able to just casual push back like this grand piano that had been there forever. Even as creepy as it was it was like home. My brothers and I were always there. The only places there that I didn't ever like was 3rd floor and the laundry room which was on first floor on the back it also had like industrial bath tubs close by. Talk about creepy lookin. But I can't imagine walking around there now with out the lights on I have a bunch of pictures I don't know if anyone ever reads this anymore but if you'd like I can get them from my mom and post a few of what it looked like before oh and before it was a care center it was just a nursing home which I was there for as well before that I think I heard it was a hotel and also a hospital at one time.lots of memories there that's for sure.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Interesting story, thanks for sharing. If you have pics of the place, please post em!

Somebody needs to explore this place... if it wasn't 4 hours from me I'd be there already!
RedRook
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by RedRook »

I normally don't see ghosts either, but my sister, her boyfriend, and myself have all seen kids that weren't really there in the morning when we wake up in her house. The house is over 100 years old. You can even see oil stains on the walls above light fixtures, because the house didn't originally have electricity. We all seemed to have the same problem of not being able to move when we see the kids, but we all seemed to have seen a different child. That is the only time I've ever seen something I thought might be a ghost, but I still wonder if it is some kind of a dream just from being worked up by the other person's story. Her house also seems to be full of strange noises, but I always just assumed that was because it was old.
lindsey.michelle
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by lindsey.michelle »

update on this location? Abandoned? For sale? In use?
promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.