anybody know

Urban exploration in Missouri
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Re: anybody know

Post by Twail Wetard »

Holy hell you guys can dig up some info... I actually believe I found out the cave from the nss long cave list. But I do have the "shared" copy of the cave maps aswell. Not sure if you guys have been to old spanish or not.... BUT the location is not far actually, funnay. Kinda strange( I think) how the cave runs east to west across the ridges like that... IdK maybe thats common though in caves? ILL be checking it out this weekend though. See whats up.

ANOTHER story....

Kelly Cave. Greene county- over a mile long... know of 2 springs named kelly spring, one towards trash grove and the other by NN hwy and 60. With these caves being over a mile long and that being slightly uncommon for this areanot too many others measure up), why arent they more heard of? SECRET??? Aliens? Do I need a pistol?

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!
THE THREAD KILLER!
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Yeah I find it interesting that the cave pretty much parallels the valley.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

Twail Wetard wrote: Kinda strange( I think) how the cave runs east to west across the ridges like that... IdK maybe thats common though in caves?
Generally that tends to happen when the cave is freakishly old, predating the uplift of the ozark plateau. The original cave stream flowed into some other drainage system on the surface which at that time would have looked really featureless and flat, which we geologists call a peneplain. This is where you find lots of meandering streams and low rolling hills.

Then we had the uplift of the ozark plateau creating higher relief for water to traverse with rejuvenated energy which would have then carved out the present day valleys and streams on the surface. And usually what we see today is the old cave with its vadose (above the water table) stream now lying across the newer valleys, and it's these valleys that erode down far enough to sometimes cut into the cave passage allowing entry if a sinkhole or original cave mouth hasn't already done so.

There's your geology lesson for the day :)
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:There's your geology lesson for the day :)
Swift. :D

Tomorrow he's teaching sex ed.

-Ayn Rand
Twail Wetard
The Clit Commander
The Clit Commander

Post by Twail Wetard »

Good, I have this strange itch. :?
THE THREAD KILLER!
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Sounds like you could use some herpex
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

RE: anybody know

Post by SubLunar »

Panic was singing this to me the last time we were alone together. I started getting creeped out... Until I just gave in. Now I, too, have an itchy rash.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Edit: Nevermind

-Ayn Rand
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Nicotti wrote:Edit: Nevermind
Well now you got me curious.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

check your msgs

-Ayn Rand
Debo
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Debo »

IMPORTANT!!!
It has come to my attention that y'all are looking for Rantz Spring. I will take this time to formally announce that Rantz Spring is privately owned by myself and your interest in trespassing on my property must immediately cease. Any disregard to this announcement will be dealt with accordingly.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Debo wrote:IMPORTANT!!!
It has come to my attention that y'all are looking for Rantz Spring. I will take this time to formally announce that Rantz Spring is privately owned by myself and your interest in trespassing on my property must immediately cease. Any disregard to this announcement will be dealt with accordingly.
Do you offer tours of this natural subterranean phenomenon of yours?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Twail Wetard wrote: Kelly Cave. Greene county- over a mile long... know of 2 springs named kelly spring, one towards trash grove and the other by NN hwy and 60. With these caves being over a mile long and that being slightly uncommon for this areanot too many others measure up), why arent they more heard of? SECRET??? Aliens? Do I need a pistol?

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!
I wonder if it doesn't have to do with the "quality" of the cave. I know of a few longer caves that don't really have much to offer but a lot of crawling, pain, and mud. No big rooms, no good formations. Just crawling. And pain. And mud.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Man, until now I had completely forgotten about this thread. I'm not sure any of us had any interest in trespassing, moreso in simply what this place was about. This cave is out of the way especially for those of us on the St louis side of things. I myself live in Rolla and Christian county is way too far of a drive for me to ever just go gallivanting around for the off chance I might find some cave or spring. Certainly I'd notify the landowners well in advance for permission to come down and peruse the property, that way Im not wasting my time (e.g. getting there after a 3 hour drive and immediately being told to leave or denied permission by landowner).

If i was a landowner who stumbled across a bunch of people talking about my cave's history and development, I'd be interested in what all comes up, though I would, as you did, warn against trespassers. But look at all the free background information you get on your cave, all from publicly available resources. And all because someone simply asked if anyone knew anything about this place. That's why this site is great...most of the info on here is great but useless to most people. But it's on here, which means if you're looking for something specific on a place in the ozarks, you can probably find it compiled here with links to several sources. That's all we did with your cave. And, at least in my case, promptly forgot about its existence.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

DO you really think this is the BEST way to handle this????? Seriously???
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead