Bull frog mine at Joplin

Urban exploration in Missouri
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Re: Bull frog mine at Joplin

Post by cousin »

I grew up in West Texas and was active in the Boy Scouts, we frequent the Buffalo Trail Scout Ranch quite often. I remember one time we were playing capture the flag in a ravine and weren't suppose to get out of the tree line. Of course I had to go out and around, nobody saw me, when I saw something that I think is a bigfoot relative. It saw me and went scrambling up the side of the mountain. It was not as tall as they always describe big boot, but was hairy reminded me of a yak's coat.
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

gimpface wrote:
Scout wrote:
gimpface wrote:Apparently there was an Army Air Force radar base somewhere around Oronogo during WWII that the locals called "radar hill". It may or may not still exist.
Strange that you'd mention that. I know where Radar Hill is, just not the one around Joplin. There is a Radar Hill at Bartlesville, Oklahoma, just outside town. I have been there many times. Indeed it was an Army Air Force radar installation during WWII. In fact, it may have been a Naval Air Station. One or the other. Anyway, I think they also housed some German prisoners up there. There are still some military buildings. One is a candle factory and the other used to house the "Red Dirt Soap Factory". It's a neat place. People have houses up there around these two businesses, so it's only semi-in-the-country. It is kind of a creepy place also though. I always get kinda creeped out up there.
That sounds interesting, I may need to check that area out next time I get up that way. What streets in Bartlesville are we talkin'? Is "Radar Hill" listed on the topos?
It's easy to find. Get to Bartlesville. Hwy 60 is in the middle of the city. Go west on 60 out of town, past the airport and Phillips 66. You'll come to a road called "CR-3236" just a mile or two out of town. It will be on the north side. Take it north all the way up the hill. Keepsake Candles is on CR-3020, but once you're up on the hill, you're there and can pretty much find anything you want.

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&l ... OK%2074003
"That old hag hates my ass."
ARLT1YJ
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by ARLT1YJ »

cousin wrote:I grew up in West Texas and was active in the Boy Scouts, we frequent the Buffalo Trail Scout Ranch quite often. I remember one time we were playing capture the flag in a ravine and weren't suppose to get out of the tree line. Of course I had to go out and around, nobody saw me, when I saw something that I think is a bigfoot relative. It saw me and went scrambling up the side of the mountain. It was not as tall as they always describe big boot, but was hairy reminded me of a yak's coat.
My grandfather and dad used to be the Scout Master out in Big Spring, TX. I've heard lots of stories about BTSR