Bull frog mine at Joplin

Urban exploration in Missouri
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

RE: Bull frog mine at Joplin

Post by MONKEYMANN »

I remember years ago someone murdered this guy and they found his body in Bull Frog!!!
Probably not the only one either!!! There's always been speculation about how many "Dead Bodys" there are floating around in the old mines around here!!!
I DIDN'T SAY THAT YOU SAID THAT I SAID THAT......
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: Bull frog mine at Joplin

Post by gimpface »

I recall that one of the abandoned shafts contains the body of a murdered girl (they know this from the killer's confession), but it's so deep and so flooded that there is no hope of recovering the remains.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

they would find her and reconstruct her if this was CSI :shock:
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

I think the problem with the bullfrog mine isnt that its too deep...it aparently has a bonch of crap in it like old machinery and cables...they tried to pump it out to lower the water level but didn't have much luck plus the visibility wasn't very good....Old mines like the ones in joplin are scary places...we used to swim a one in oronogo called little blue...It always freaked me out...I was just waiting for my foot to touch something hidden in the water...I'd have jumped straight out of my skin!!!
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

Cooooolllll.
"That old hag hates my ass."
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Oronogo: Little town with a big fucking hole in the ground. Anyone know where radar hill is?
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

Are you refering to an area around Joplin...If so..I might?????
MONKEYMANN
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by MONKEYMANN »

I know an area that has some funky sat. looking dish's on it...its kind of on a hill out in the country around joplin and the Sat. dish's don't really look like sat. dishes...more like a building with a cone on the top with a couple sat. dish's around it....let me know if this is what your refering to and I'll let you know where it's at.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Apparently there was an Army Air Force radar base somewhere around Oronogo during WWII that the locals called "radar hill". It may or may not still exist.
cousin
400+ Poster
400+ Poster

Post by cousin »

gimpface wrote:
Scout wrote:Man that area is just full of asbestos, lead and who-knows-what-else. Several areas northeast of there are fenced off due to asbestos contamination.
You say it like it's a bad thing.
I love this post
Scout
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by Scout »

gimpface wrote:Apparently there was an Army Air Force radar base somewhere around Oronogo during WWII that the locals called "radar hill". It may or may not still exist.
Strange that you'd mention that. I know where Radar Hill is, just not the one around Joplin. There is a Radar Hill at Bartlesville, Oklahoma, just outside town. I have been there many times. Indeed it was an Army Air Force radar installation during WWII. In fact, it may have been a Naval Air Station. One or the other. Anyway, I think they also housed some German prisoners up there. There are still some military buildings. One is a candle factory and the other used to house the "Red Dirt Soap Factory". It's a neat place. People have houses up there around these two businesses, so it's only semi-in-the-country. It is kind of a creepy place also though. I always get kinda creeped out up there.
"That old hag hates my ass."
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

Scout wrote:
gimpface wrote:Apparently there was an Army Air Force radar base somewhere around Oronogo during WWII that the locals called "radar hill". It may or may not still exist.
Strange that you'd mention that. I know where Radar Hill is, just not the one around Joplin. There is a Radar Hill at Bartlesville, Oklahoma, just outside town. I have been there many times. Indeed it was an Army Air Force radar installation during WWII. In fact, it may have been a Naval Air Station. One or the other. Anyway, I think they also housed some German prisoners up there. There are still some military buildings. One is a candle factory and the other used to house the "Red Dirt Soap Factory". It's a neat place. People have houses up there around these two businesses, so it's only semi-in-the-country. It is kind of a creepy place also though. I always get kinda creeped out up there.
That sounds interesting, I may need to check that area out next time I get up that way. What streets in Bartlesville are we talkin'? Is "Radar Hill" listed on the topos?
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

Watch out for Bigfoots.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

BROUSER wrote:Watch out for Bigfoots.
You mean BigFEET.
BROUSER
Chief Adviser
Chief Adviser

Post by BROUSER »

fuckit. American Yeti.
“An all-out attack on evolutionist thinking is possibly the only real hope our nations have of rescuing themselves from an inevitable social and moral catastrophe.”
― Ken Ham