Satan's Tunnel and Happy Hill School

Urban exploration in Missouri
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Satan's Tunnel and Happy Hill School

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

In Hawk Point (Warren county) there is an old train tunnel called Satan's tunnel. Rumors fly around about suicides and ghosts in that thing. There used to be train tracks there that were built in 1914 but are now gone. This tunnel has been researched by a paranormal investigation team, and they have a link to the tunnel and corresponding schoolhouse with pics here: http://www.paranormaltaskforce.com/S_Tunnel.html

The Happy Hill School is some one room schoolhouse with a creepy-as-balls name that was used who knows when. Now it's out in the middle of the woods. I went to the tunnel one night in January, it was balls cold and we never did find the school house, but probably because we took a wrong turn at the fork in the path. Who puts forks in people's path anyway?

So yeah, if you are in the hawk point region ever, and I don't know why anyone would be, you can check it out. ANyone else been there?
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Re: Satan

Post by Kit »

if we could rate posts I would give you a gold star. I enjoyed reading this even though i have no idea where any of it is :)
Kit wrote:I am old
slow_walker
Shyest Street Sofa Champion Ever!

Post by slow_walker »

Kit wrote:if we could rate posts I would give you a gold star. I enjoyed reading this even though i have no idea where any of it is :)
+1
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

RE: Satan's Tunnel and Happy Hill School

Aw, thanks! But seriously, who names their woodland school far from civilization "Happy Hill?" That sounds like something from MJ's Neverland Ranch.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

mkay bringing this one back because I have new info and pics! PICS!

Firstly, this place gets a lot of attention from assclown highschoolers and up and coming graffiti artists (who are especially fond of penises), and it as scares the shit out of most people for whatever reason. Probably the giant dicks on the walls. Read this account that I found online

Hi, my name is brad
I have been to the tunnel many times with my sister and friends. several time we have seen something in the woods and at the top of the tunnle. it seemed to be wathing us, also we have had an encounter with the mysterious man at the tunnle. one of my friends knows that his name is joel... he seems to come out of nowhere, and one time i was there with only one other person and we where coming out of the tunnel the headlights of my car where on, i swear there was no one there but we heard a noise in the back of the tunnle looked to see what it was looked back and he was standing in front of my car. i have only been there at night but would like to go back during the day to further explore the area.

If any one knows anything else about joel we would apreciate any furthur information.

Brad, thou art sorely misinformed.
Okay my turn.
So I too met this joel, and he didnt pop out of nowhere, although I was rather surprised to see him

Me and my friend were there during the day and he came by walking down the creek towards us and called out to us, asking what we were doing. We walked up to say hello.

He's a neighbor guy that owns property around the tunnel and runs kids off cuz they are shitheads but we weren't shitheads and didn't run or scream or act like assclowns so he was happy to tell us all about the tunnel and the close by one room school house called happy hill school and he ended up being really nice.

I got a pic of him in front of the school house he walked us to and no, he did not disappear from the photo like a ghost or whatever the hell people convince themselves he is.
Attachments
Das Satan's tunnel
Das Satan's tunnel
inside of the schoolhouse
inside of the schoolhouse
the schoolhouse, never would have found it without guidance!
<br />Thanks Joel (that's him in the white shirt)
the schoolhouse, never would have found it without guidance!
Thanks Joel (that's him in the white shirt)
slow_walker

Post by slow_walker »

sweet. Great job on the pics and info.
Valerie
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Valerie »

I had read so many things about the many property owners not wanting people to trespass, that I haven't been back in quite some time. Although at least one of the times I drove by the green house I saw people outside and I know they saw me so if they wanted me to leave they would've walked over and said so.
I'm glad to hear that Joel isn't the creeper that some people seem to think he is. I've read a few stories online about him showing up and scaring people or telling them to get lost. But I had a feeling the people who he scared probably deserved it.
Where is the school house exactly from the tunnel? I've walked through those woods quite a bit but never saw anything. In fact, until I recently saw pics, I didn't know if it was just a myth.
Also, did you find the cemetery? I never found the one that's supposed to be in the woods, but I did find one nearby. I don't know if they are the same or if the one in the woods even exists.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Re: RE: Satan's Tunnel and Happy Hill School

Valerie wrote: Where is the school house exactly from the tunnel?
The school house is really tough to find if you don't know where to look. From the tunnel facing away from it after you go through it's around your 10 O'clock, about a 5 minute walk through the woods. There's no trail or anything headed to it, nor are there any landmarks nearby to help out. Just in a nondescript location in the woods. Probably your best bet would be to go there, make some noise and wait for Joel to come out, try to tell you off but might end up showing you the school anyway if you are persistent.

As for the cemetery, haven't seen or heard anything about it. I've been all over that area and haven't seen a thing like that.

Oh also don't go at night, it's impossible to find anything then. Not as much scary as just inconvenient!
Valerie
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Valerie »

I've only been at night once, about four years ago. I got scared enough that I've only been there during the day since. :oops:
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Post by crazydrummerdude »

Hmm.
indolence73
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by indolence73 »

Is there anyone here that knows exactly how to get to that schoolhouse?

My Dad spent some time with a foster family on a farm in Hawk Point when he was a kid and actually went to this school. He passed away in 1998.

When I was very young he took the family out there but it was so long ago I have no idea where it is other than somewhere off of Tunnel Road. I would love to visit that place again and maybe get some pictures.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

Sounds like you should talk to the Joel guy. I would assume that if you caught him on a good day he would be happy to show you the way and give you any info about the place that he knows, since you have a connection to the place, and a legitimate reason to be there/see it.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Nicotti wrote:Sounds like you should talk to the Joel guy. I would assume that if you caught him on a good day he would be happy to show you the way and give you any info about the place that he knows, since you have a connection to the place, and a legitimate reason to be there/see it.
+1

Like I said previously, this place would be ridiculously hard to find on your own because there's absolutely nothing around it to distinguish it from another place in the woods. If you can't summon Joel, probably your best bet would be to go in the winter with leaf off conditions and come out the other side of the tunnel, face your 10 O'Clock and start walking 5 - 10 minutes, no more. Best of luck.
indolence73
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by indolence73 »

Thanks for the info!
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

This is still such a good thread!