Rolla, MO??

Urban exploration in Missouri
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: Rolla, MO??

Post by crazydrummerdude »

There's going to be a gathering outside Havener at noon on Wednesday to protest the demolition.

I have a feeling no one's going to know what's going on, and they'll just think KMNR's being loud for no reason again.

But, I'm going.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Well, thank God the cops went to that "protest." It was just a bunch of nerds with a petition to sign.

Anyway, as of this morning, the windows on the second floor were missing from the Uptown.

..and the building on 72's windows are all missing, and the refrigerators aren't on the roof anymore.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

i went by the on on 72 yesterday they were taking them down or better yet pushing them off the roof
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

ropingk wrote:i went by the on on 72 yesterday they were taking them down or better yet pushing them off the roof
Well, 3/4 of that building is now torn down.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

crazydrummerdude wrote: Anyway, as of this morning, the windows on the second floor were missing from the Uptown.
Have you ever been in that building? And by that I mean when you weren't supposed to be?
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

i havent have you???
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:
crazydrummerdude wrote: Anyway, as of this morning, the windows on the second floor were missing from the Uptown.
Have you ever been in that building? And by that I mean when you weren't supposed to be?
Unfortunately, not yet. Wanna go?
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

ropingk wrote:i havent have you???
Story Time!

So one time I opened up a manhole that sits between the uptown and the Police station. Moving swiftly, I shoved the cover aside, urged my friend into said hole and entered, closing hole above me. After a thorough investigation and self-guided tour of the uptown after hours, the only exit was back out through that hole. This would be a blind exit.

"This is going to be a blind exit," I thought aloud. I cracked the manhole lid up, peeked out at the police station. All was clear. I moved the cover aside and began my ascent, using the nearby light pole to help myself. I was no more than halfway out of the hole when I saw my worst nightmare.

There I was, the greater part of my ass half beneath the sidewalk, with a cop nary 75 ft away walking directly towards me to enter his car, which was the only thing separating us.
Had he not been tinkering with his keys, he would have saw me, some guy, using raw air as a ladder to resurface and appear to be casually strolling down the street.

But Hark! And lo, my friend was ignorant of the situation and beginning his ascent, deaf to my whispered orders not to emerge, for a law official was indeed looking at our location.

His head emerged, crowning. It's a boy! The officer was still ignorant.

He managed to fully emerge while the officer started his car up and backed up to leave the lot. No time to cover up the hole under a light while the police was looking at us, we did the sensible thing. We ran.
I ran my balls off.

"Where are my balls?" I asked my friend.
"You lost them back there while we were running. But you seem to have grown another pair, twice, nay, THRICE as big!"

Then we went back later and covered the hole.

The End
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Haha, awesome story.

Oh, and I applaud you for going back to cover it up.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Re: RE: Rolla, MO??

crazydrummerdude wrote:
PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:
crazydrummerdude wrote: To me, it sounds like information was mixed up. That sounds like the mineral display in the basement of McNutt.
Well, there is a mineral museum in McNutt and they have minerals from the World's Fair there too, but a large bulk of samples are still in that cave. They were supposed to do something with them, but never did. The really good and attractive samples are on display in the basement though. We had to study them a couple times for my mineralogy lab.
You were right all along.

30-some years ago, they took a bunch of drawers full of rocks/minerals out of Norwood, when they were building McNutt, and stored them in McCormick cave. Supposedly, recently, the forest service (who owns the land) has threatened to sue the university (who leases the land) for not taking the stuff back out. It's still there.
"The department of geological sciences and engineering thanks the Spelunkers Club and the C. L. Dake Geological Society for sacrificing their St. Pat’s break March 12 to clean minerals out of McCormick Cave. Thanks to Michael Bradford, Bradley Brookshire, Kiley Bush, Peter Chollet, Thomas Herbst, Laura Siskin, Katherine Stockdale and Kelly Whitset of the U.S. Forest Service for putting on their mucking equipment, picking up a shovel and cleaning out the cave. "
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

I wouldn't be surprised if the Uptown is gone by the time I get out of class today.

As of 8:20am, the law office next door was 3/4 gone.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

that was where i went on my first date :shock:
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Such bullshit. I think I will take a walk down there today and say goodbye.

Then I'm going dumpster diving for copper.
crazydrummerdude
Minute Man
Minute Man

Well, the hole in the wall was a nice entrance. But, damn it.

At least I can say I saw it before it was torn down.

I think I'm going to write a letter to the MST alumni magazine one of these days/months/years.
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

RE: Rolla, MO??

Yo drummer, you still want to check out behind that spray painted gate you mentioned earlier in the thread? where even is it by?