Rolla, MO??

Urban exploration in Missouri
Lay's Bag of Air
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Rolla, MO??

Post by Lay's Bag of Air »

Hey! I've been following this thread for quite some time, and noticed some thing I've been looking for, but things I've found that haven't been posted yet!

To start off, Panic!, whenever you discovered Beaver Station, do you remember where the structure was? I've been following the branch line for a while, I even have a map of the tracks and remember reading about a station or structure still standing, but I could not find it. However, I think you found it!

Something that I've discovered is the Ozark Iron Works. It's located west of Newburg, about a mile. If you follow Arlington road and take a turn onto county road 7530 and follow the road all the way to the railroad tracks, you will see a brick structure in ruins, and to the right, two iron smelters. Here is documentation about the furnaces. I've visited and explored the furnaces myself, however I cannot find the flash drive with the pictures on them.
Phelps County is an actual hellhole
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere, especially in Missouri

Post by PANIC! on the Titanic »

Lay's Bag of Air wrote:To start off, Panic!, whenever you discovered Beaver Station, do you remember where the structure was? I've been following the branch line for a while, I even have a map of the tracks and remember reading about a station or structure still standing, but I could not find it. However, I think you found it!
The old log structure was right around here, and I got to it just by walking the tracks from Rolla. It's a long walk but was always one of my favorite things to do. As for the structure itself, it is an old and tiny single room log cabin/shed type thing. Beaver Station used to be right up there in that valley, I think this structure is all that's left of it.
Something that I've discovered is the Ozark Iron Works. It's located west of Newburg, about a mile.
Sorry bud, beat you there 7 years ago 8)
Lay's Bag of Air
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Lay's Bag of Air »

.....Fuck.
Phelps County is an actual hellhole
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:Sorry bud, beat you there 7 years ago 8)

Ah, but did you ever swim in the pool at TJ Hall!

Or pull the fire extinguisher box out of the wall behind the elevators on 8s and hide things in the space that exists behind the wall?

Or use a potato gun to shot potatoes out the window and over the Kappa Delta sorority house?

Or fill the one of the TJ South elevators half full of crumpled newspaper and then rig it the go to the lobby and dump out onto the floor?
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

That's always been a volleyball court since I've been there.
Or pull the fire extinguisher box out of the wall behind the elevators on 8s and hide things in the space that exists behind the wall?
I didn't live at TJ so no. I once did a backflip at the very top most summit of TJ south, on the white penthouse thing up there.
Or use a potato gun to shot potatoes out the window and over the Kappa Delta sorority house?
More like used a rubber surgical tubing slingshot to blindly launch water balloons from Holtman over the top of Kelly Hall to hit people in the quad's v-ball pit.
Or fill the one of the TJ South elevators half full of crumpled newspaper and then rig it the go to the lobby and dump out onto the floor?
This sounds like fun actually. Closest i got was filling someone's dorm room with newspaper almost to the ceiling. We collected newspapers for weeks and stashed it all in people's closets and under beds.

Bonus: I once climbed up to the top of the Rolla building, and then back down because the roof hatch leads to the elevator shaft. Fun fact - the cupola at the top has aluminum fencing around it painted like a brown spotted cow. Idk why since you can't see it from the ground.

Man I miss college!
PANIC! on the Titanic
Titanic Penis
Titanic Penis

Lay's Bag of Air wrote:

.....Fuck.
LOL don't worry, there's a lot out there to find, just keep playing the game. You like caves? There's a bunch I hadn't found or explored fully before I left the area.
Nicotti
The Awkward Ninja
The Awkward Ninja

Post by Nicotti »

PANIC! on the Titanic wrote:
That's always been a volleyball court since I've been there.
Technically neither did I, nor most everybody else while I was there, probably why they got rid of it.

I miss the good parts too.
More online investigation than onsite exploration these days.

“My dear fellow, who will let you?”
“That’s not the point. The point is, who will stop me?”
-Ayn Rand