You can see the little temple building from the road, it’s about 4.5 miles down
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Re: RE: Branson pyramid

Post by Chris »

SubLunar wrote:
gimpface wrote:UPDATE: I ran into the guy who told me about it and he gave me slightly better directions. It should be approx. 5 miles down T hwy on the left (he said it was about 1 mile from the Shriners). You should see the griffins from the road, and if you look carefully you may be able to see the concrete structure. DO NOT drive up to it or the owners will get severly pissed! I'll give this another shot as soon as I get a chance.
FWIW I don't think T even goes for 5 miles and I don't see a golf course anywhere on it. Been google mapping this and don't see shit. I did find the referenced Shriner's building here: https://goo.gl/maps/mC3AESUkHv72
T has street view the whole way. I must've went back and forth a dozen times and I just can't find it either.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: Branson pyramid

Post by gimpface »

36°42'14.89"N 93° 8'28.01"W

I can't see it on street view, but if you're driving towards town from Long Beach you can see it through the trees.
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

Post by Chris »

Thanks, Gimp.

Do you think there were any other "unique" buildings there are one time?

I doesn't look like much, but it appears what's there now is pretty much as it was as far back as historical aerial images go, but those don't tell you too much.
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Post by gimpface »

The stories all make it sound a lot more interesting, that's for sure. As for if there were any other weird buildings or not, I'm not sure. Based on the stories I've heard there should be, but I'm thinking pretty much everything I've heard about this place was wildly exaggerated.
paul06660
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by paul06660 »

gimpface wrote:The stories all make it sound a lot more interesting, that's for sure. As for if there were any other weird buildings or not, I'm not sure. Based on the stories I've heard there should be, but I'm thinking pretty much everything I've heard about this place was wildly exaggerated.
I have a couple of schizophrenic friends still living in Springfield, both from the Taney county areas. I routinely have heard stories involving satanic activities going on in the woods out there. But I have never heard of the Branson Pyramid until you revived this old thread lol. The pictures you posted has me wanting to desperately investigate for myself. Any way you could post a link to that facebook page?
We are all just sloguns waiting to have our triggers pulled.
lolabelle
Cursed With Hotness
Cursed With Hotness

Post by lolabelle »

lots of neighbors. start knocking on doors and asking questions
darko80
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

RE: Branson pyramid

Post by darko80 »

Interesting. I lived down T for two years in the early 90s. I got out and explored those woods a LOT during that time (as many 13-14 year olds would do back then)and I remember some vague rumors about so-called devil-worshippers but never encountered anything remotely "satanic". As many times as I passed by there on the school bus, I probably would've noticed such a structure. Anyway, there was a ton of cool stuff out there. I remember abandoned cabins, odd sheds that didn't seem to make much sense, a cave, old trails, etc. I lived on Mt. Grove Road in what was once planned as a much larger condo resort (old west themed) that never got past two 4-unit buildings, a clubhouse, and a pool that's long since been filled in. The place is practically in ruins now and the whole ridge has been developed in to nice houses and some a couple of subdivisions. I drive out there from time to time, when I'm in the area. Guess I've got something else to look for next time I'm down that way.