Conway Mo Cave - (now called clay cave)

Urban exploration in Missouri
LimoGuy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Conway Mo Cave - (now called clay cave)

Post by LimoGuy »

crap. to put a picture on here i have to put it on another site first. God i suck at this. I'm not giving up though.
"That's called PAIN. Get used to it!"
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

might try photobucket

( i think that is a free pic site )

or google for a free picture site.
Kit wrote:I am old
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Conway Mo Cave - (now called clay cave)

Post by White Rabbit »

LimoGuy wrote:crap. to put a picture on here i have to put it on another site first. God i suck at this. I'm not giving up though.
There's an attachment feature here right above the submit button. The picture's have to be less than 100k each, though. If you need something to do it, go here and save each picture after you resize it:

http://www.undergroundozarks.com/resize/
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Bat poop = guano. And the bats are still hibernating. Also, I've despised clay ever since the time I explored the Fisher Cave at Sequiota Park. Nice to know the water isn't knee-high, though (at the moment). In fact, I'm not really seeing the water you're talking about here... But yeah, pretty much salivating.

So, is this primarily a walking cave, a crawling cave, or half and half? I'm always on the lookout for a really substantial cave, since most can be explored in a few hours and even the bigger ones around here can be conquered in less than a day, or a couple of trips. My goal is to find a cave that I could theoretically explore for days on end without having to go out of state (at least, not any further than Arkansas). It looks like between this one and the one from WR's blog a while back, I might be closer than ever to making that dream a reality.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

in the cave water is only shin deep in parts... you get away from the water pretty quickly but it revisits you every so often. I think you could spend days in here. Clay does block some of the tunnels but you could probably belly crawl over it to get through. I know limoguy is going to go again you might PM him.

the knee deep water is outside :)

These bats were very active all through the cave and the orgy pic they were all humping each other like crazy and were gone when we came back through.

oh also for about the first 30 mins or so i would have sworn there was gold all in this cave. You would shine your light on the walls and they lit up and sparkled like crazy. It was awhile before we figured out it was tiny water drops on everything :)
LimoGuy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LimoGuy »

This cave is pretty big, as far back as my nephew and i went there was still more. we only got as low as crouch walking we wern't into slithering yet. there were some big drops, that were interesting to try and get back up but at one point the cave split into two tunnels we took the right hand tunnel they were both the same size kit looked farther back into the left one than i did, ask her if it seemed to go on. Also i noticed at least two that I could swear to and may be a couple more of smaller crawling tunnels or crouch-walking tunnel splitting off the main tunnel. as Kit (my sister) has said this cave has level that basically follow the same path but move around... how to explain this? the main walking path was the top level or at least you could always see the ceiling. but the stream that was a constant in the cave wandered back and forth and as the main level went up and down the stream was somtimes 10 feet below us, sometimes, licking our heels. I don't think this cave can be completely explored in one day. I personally am going back on the 2nd of april. I have agood friend who is athletic like i am and I want to see how far back I can go. I will prob go around noon if i have to work or maybe early in the morn if i dont. but i'm not planning on coming back on sat. or if i do it will be late at night. I would be open to going back sooner if a group of people want to go. okay, now. I have the pictures ready I'm going to write a different post and get them on here. I'm hurrying i promise. :D
LimoGuy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LimoGuy »

Okay I typed out alot of descriotions and funny jokes and put a f@#$ing lot of effort into maiking a cool post and then when i tried to submit it it asked me for my login and erased everything i had done!!! so I may come back and add to this but for now you'll have to make up your own catch lines.

LimoGuy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by LimoGuy »

Okay I suck at this. i'll get the cd's with the pics to kit and let her mess with it. but I wanted to comment on the orbs and that last picture.

First the orbs are dirt and dust. everything we had was covered in clay. the was dust in the air, but believe what you want.

The last picture there is something else entirely at first i thought it was just cool looking and wasn't sure what it was but then I started trying to post these on here and I realized that is not just something shapeless. Look closely it's an angel. Head wings knees and robes or skirts over the legs. now just try and tell me that isn't the coolest thing you ever saw.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

Wow those back rooms were awesome!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Very cool, guys. Awesome pictures.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Wow great photos! Thanks for sharing guys! :P
One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Wow, I think I'm drooling and I'm not much for caves!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well I'm drooling and I AM much for caves. Awesome, awesome pictures. Astounding variety of wildlife in that cave, and some of the largest formations I've ever seen outside of a show cave. I'm impressed.

Edit: It's unusual that the bats would've been so active this time of year, seeing as there are no bugs out yet. The one in the cave on Highway 60 hasn't moved in two weeks. They must just be waking up I guess.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

*nod* I love this cave... always have. my dad knows of a few more with great formations ..one is arond ozark somewhere :)

and to think we just stuck with one shaft there were others :) and we didnt go in very far ... didnt really get past where others had gone and left a few beer bottles

also on the bats.. i dont know i just know they were flying all around in there. And i saw a few flying about bugs. But then again we only saw around 40 bats but there was guano everywhere!!! there have to be more bats in there somewhere.
Jermy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Jermy »

ok so yeah that cave was kicking..pimping im still muddie in like the back of my head it wont come out but it was so much fun thxs guys!....im the 1 with the back pack on;) :D
Last edited by Jermy on Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
....i was in a cave...(i saw a boomeragne getting larger then it hit me)