"The Underground" in Carthage, Missouri

Urban exploration in Missouri
cooldog1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

"The Underground" in Carthage, Missouri

Post by cooldog1 »

Does anyone know where "The Underground" in Carthage, Missouri is located. Was reading about some people exploring there. It is suppose to be a storage facility for dehydrated foods for U.S. Navy and other storage and I guess you can get in it. Where is it at, any know? I checked out a map of Carthage and no indication of where it is and it is supposed to be a huge underground facility. Thanks.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: "The Underground" in Carthage, Missouri

Post by White Rabbit »

The one you're talking about, I believe, is called Americold Logistics, and it's located pretty much right inside Carthage (not sure if it's inside the city limits or not, though). They have a website, and the Carthage section is located at:

http://www.americold.net/warehouses/mo_carthage.htm

But there's also a huge abandoned underground in Carthage. It's funny that you posted this, because we just explored the abandoned one for the first time last night.
cooldog1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cooldog1 »

Cool, tks for replying. Tell me all about it, what was there and did you have any trouble getting in there? Have heard many stories of weird sightings around that area and thought it would be cool to ck out. Any info would be great!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: "The Underground" in Carthage, Missouri

Post by White Rabbit »

cooldog1 wrote:Tell me all about it, what was there and did you have any trouble getting in there?
No trouble at all, and it has several entrances. There's not much in there, although it's huge inside. You could drive a dump truck all over the inside of that place without a problem. There's also two levels to the underground stacked on top of each other, and the lower one is completely flooded with several feet of water. We're going back soon with either a canoe or a rubber boat to explore the lower section.

I'm half-assedly writing the blog entry for the whole trip right now, so it should be up either late tonight or tomorrow sometime with a few pictures. After we go back and get better pictures of the place (we needed a better light source) and explore the flooded section, I'll add it as a location to the site.
cooldog1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cooldog1 »

That is so interesting. I would love to do that some day. Thanks for any pics or info on it. Did you see any strange activity in the area or hear any strange sounds while you were down there? Best to walk in or use an ATV?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

cooldog1 wrote:Best to walk in or use an ATV?
You could use an ATV, and I even mentioned doing that several times, but it's close enough to stuff that you'd probably be heard if you did it.
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: "The Underground" in Carthage, Missouri, twili

Post by travcojim »

http://www.worldofthestrange.com/cev8053.html

I am not saying a word on this story I found.
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Is the wall projection new? I'll have to read that other story again I guess. This was posted somewhere else, making me think this is just some bored kid starting a rumor, because a lot has changed in this version. Just like my evil maytag man from hell's church. *The building above Hell's Church is housing maytag appliences (sp?)*
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by travcojim »

who ever it is has a active mind, maybe a little too active to be on the level, I want to find out more about the underground part that is flooded, is this a high risk area? also could some one send me a message with more details on directions and whatever else might be good to know. I feel a need to inflate the raft!!
cooldog1
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cooldog1 »

YIKES!!! I read the article. I had heard this was a good place to explore and ride ATV but after hearing that, if true, just too darn scary to go there for me. Just what I need to encounter, ALIENS!! Hey, if anyone does get brave and goes exploring there and finds anything weird going on, post details and pictures, especially of the big mean scary guy!!! and the albino!! that is if you make it back out alive! Oh yes and remember to take pictures of the symbols on the floor.

Reminds me of all the weird symbols at the Denver International Airport and the weird murials and gargoyles there, but then that is another story. If interested in more details, type in DIA and ck out the scary murials!!!! Way too many government conspiracy theorys out there but something to ponder alone at your computer!! Seriously, if the encounter at The Underground were true, it is quite facinating!! DETAILS, DETAILS, & PICTURES if you dare to go there!!!
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

The only aliens around here are the illegal kind from that country that borders the southwestern part of our country!
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
Anne
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by Anne »

Those aliens are fun to explain why we can't help them. My spanish classes didn't help me later in life like my teacher said they would. Well I can pronounce their J's correctly and they were surprised at that!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Well dudes and dudettes, seems you've found yet another source for this most dubious of stories, as have I. I typically keep up with this sort of thing, but this one made it under my radar until just the other day. Now I see it's already making the rounds not much more than a year on, and is well on its way to becoming a full-fledged urban legend. It's funny how these things catch on. Funny, and a little sad. Still, it's a fascinating process, isn't it?

So, with this:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread83798/pg1
and this:
http://www.worldofthestrange.com/cev8053.html
under our belts already, I'm adding this:
http://www.burlingtonnews.net/tunnels2.html
to the mix.

See, the person in the first link to the Above Top Secret message boards is claiming that his friend told him this story, and acts as though his is the first telling of said story. The second link does not negate this, as it is simply a retelling and not verbatim. HOWEVER, the third link is damning to the credibilty of the first link.

This site belongs to BUFO, a paranormal radio station based out of Burlington Wisconsin, and in addition to your typical "Project Redbook" UFO database that's floating around the net, you have "thirddestiny's" original post verbatim, plus additional information.

We're then left with the conclusion that this story has its origins in a man named Pat Garrett (possibly a pseudonym) who called into Mary Sutherland's show, BUFO Paranormal and UFO Radio?

So, what does this mean? Not a lot, short of the fact the poster on Above Top Secret is most likely a liar, does not know Pat Garrett, has never spoken with him, and does not contain any taped interviews awaiting transcription, as he claims. As to the veracity of Garret's claims, they are at this moment unverifyable as they involve the Americold Logistics branch of the Carthage underground, which is strictly off-limits, and do not refer to the underground quarries previously explored and documented by Underground Ozarks.
travcojim
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by travcojim »

Iwould like to check this area out, if anyone can give me more detailed info that would be great, send me a message or post here if thats cool, is there high risk of being caught or is this a open area? any details would be great.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

travcojim wrote:Iwould like to check this area out, if anyone can give me more detailed info that would be great, send me a message or post here if thats cool, is there high risk of being caught or is this a open area? any details would be great.
PM-ing you :)