Miller,Mo

Urban exploration in Missouri
Violent Ray
100+ Poster
100+ Poster

Miller,Mo

Post by Violent Ray »

Are there any tunnels in Miller,Mo i am aware that thats where Route 66 is and i know ok one building up there thats a ruin of a house now but is suppost to have a lantern at night. Are there anything else that is worth a look there
Lions and tigers and Vampire Tunnels Oh My!
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Miller,Mo

Post by Sertile »

I've never heard of it, but if it's a small town I wouldn't expect there to be any tunnels. Tunnels generally tend to exist only under urbanized city centers, or old downtown areas of smaller towns. There might be some good stuff above ground, though.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

RE: Miller,Mo

Post by Willard »

I hate to break it to you but Miller isn't on old US 66. It's 1.5 to 2 miles north of the old Hwy. (now Missouri 96) on Missouri 39. The hamlet that is at the intersection of Missouri 96 and 39 is Albatross.

A Directory of Towns, Villages, and Hamlets
Past and Present
of Lawrence County, Missouri
Compiled by Arthur Paul Moser

Miller was laid out in 1890, on the southeast quarter of Section 23 in Lincoln Township. It was named in honor of a railroad man, and the one man who made possible the founding of the lively little city.

John Mills, who had a little store at the hamlet of Murrell City, a short distance south of Miller, and now, (1917) a part of the town, moved to Miller, and became its first merchant.

In the spring of 1896, Miller was incorporated as a village, and on the 7th day of September, 1915, it was granted a charter for a city of the fourth class. (--The Ozark Region, Its History and Its People, A History of Lawrence County, Vol. II, pp. 149-151.)

It is located at Township 29 N, Range 27 W, Sections 23 & 24. (--Highway Map of Lawrence County, as issued by The State Highway Commission of Missouri.)

Miller, Missouri

Concidering these factors, I seriously doubt there's tunnels except for the occasional steam tunnel that won't go very far...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
junkman306
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by junkman306 »

I know this is an old topic, but I grew up in Miller and there is nothing in Miller. However, all around Miller are some good caves.There is a guy and I don't remember his first name, but I've always known him as Mr. Ruark. He has some land a mile or so down from his house that supposedly has 4 caves. I've been in 3 of them and when I was on the southwest missouri search and rescue team we went and never found the fourth. If I can remember how to get there, I'll post directions. He loves to let people explore his caves. All you have to do is stop by the house and ask him and he'll call his son who lives in the house by the caves and tell him you are coming so you don't get shot. There are some more north of Miller towards Greenfield that I've never been in, but I've heard from people that they are pretty good caves.
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

yes the NOT GETTIN SHOT thing is a good thing
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
CasperMilkToast
Bearer of Man-Thong
Bearer of Man-Thong

Post by CasperMilkToast »

whats wrong with getting shot?
The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time. - Robin Williams
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Nothing at all... Hey Casper, hold still while I reload real quick... :twisted:
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

man you cant scare Casper he lives with Cuda and his sister in law is Hiccup 8)
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead