Roark Valley Cave

Urban exploration in Missouri
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Roark Valley Cave

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

Just returned from Branson this past weekend. We came up on this gated cave called Roark Valley Cave. Although gated to the right side was another entrance to it that looked as though a cave in had occured and caused it. I was hoping to find out some information on it. Does anyone know of this one?
A local officer told us they are all over the place due to all the road work blasting they are finding caves everywhere. Does anyone have any information on them. We spoke to another local about caves he knew of several even some on private property that just happened to be his families so hoping to check those out next trip.
We were given a number to contact the Conservation Dept an person there who may help us get access, but wanted to get some UO input!
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: Roark Valley Cave

Post by gimpface »

Yeah, I drive past it pretty much everyday on my way to work. I understand they gated it to protect an endangered species that lives within. An aquaintence of mine was one of the guys to explore it before they gated it. I'm not sure that they allow any sort of caving there. A little farther down the road you can see another place where they unearthed a cave, but instead of gating it they built a weird, unnatural looking rock wall to close it. Oddly enough, there is a manhole on the top- not sure if it goes into the cave though.
A local officer told us they are all over the place due to all the road work blasting they are finding caves everywhere. Does anyone have any information on them.
Most of them are filled with mud and not very explorable. Check out the million dollar hole at Roark and Epps road and you'll see what I mean.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

RE: Roark Valley Cave

Most of them are filled with mud and not very explorable. Check out the million dollar hole at Roark and Epps road and you'll see what I mean.

Tell me more and where I can find this. I'd really like to check them out. What type of species have they gated it for i would assume a bat specie due to the bat gate.
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Re: Roark Valley Cave

Post by gimpface »

I'm referring to the place just down the road where they blasted an area to build another road, but have stopped due to some right-of-way problems. It's at the stoplight, you can't miss it. From the road you can see many caves in the walls, but they are all completely filled with mud, I doubt you could get in them at all unless you dig yourself into them.

Also, I really have no idea what species is in the cave, but I'm assuming some sort of bat.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

RE: Roark Valley Cave

Thanks I'll have to check that out. I would assume bats as well.