Carthage underground

Urban exploration in Missouri
bandit.wc.80
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Carthage underground

Post by bandit.wc.80 »

i know you guys made a big trip into the underground but its been splitting my brain trying to figure out where you entered. My dad has been a supervisor down there for almost 20 years, my brother worked there for 10 years and i actually did 3 months of hard time there once in college. ive been in and out and around that place for most of my life and even used to ride 4 wheelers on the west side of the quarry before they turned it all into frozen storage. i know there are some abandoned tunnels by the entrance where the small pond is because that pond was made when the ground kept sinking in. dont know if you guys have seen it but i heard there is a hidden entrance into the caves on the far west side that is hidden on the banks of Spring River. Just curious if you guys can give me some hints on the area.

also a little known fact about the underground, Coca-Cola rents a small area where they store nothing but 55 gallon stainless steel drums of an unkown subtance that is kept under lock and key that only people from Coke have access to. they come in and out about 3 times a year but never disclose what the substance is except that its a secret ingredient. just food for thought
Chris
King of the Man Bugs!
King of the Man Bugs!

RE: Carthage underground

Post by Chris »

It's cocaine :wink:
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Re: Carthage underground

Post by Sertile »

Well, first of all we were in the old quarry, NOT the cold storage area. Second, just look it up on a topo map if you're scratching your head for an entrance - the whole perimeter is literally peppered with points of entry. Getting in and out really couldn't be any easier.
Latest Update - Camp Wellfleet, Freshbrook Village: http://undergroundozarks.com/blog/sertile/