Browns Cave, south of Ava

Urban exploration in Missouri
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Browns Cave, south of Ava

Post by James the Red »

Dont know how many springfield folks know of it, but its a fairly deep cave out by an old monostary. The monstary is still there, but the old locaiton is torn down. Lots of trails out there, adn the cave isnt far from the road, maybe a mile. ATV's can make, maybe even 4 wheel drive trucks. Take lots of lights, its pretty muddy but the creek runs right in front of it.

Historically, from what I have been told, used to be a buch of satanic dudes out there, adn then the monks blew the cave up about 2 miles back. There is an underground river, but I havent gone that far back.
just another fly on the wall of life

White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Is the monastery you're talking about Assumption Abbey where they make those fruitcakes? Since Ava's quite a ways outside the Mark Twain Nat'l Forest, I'm assuming the cave's on private property, too?
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

It is the same abbey, but I think the cave itself is either on abbey property, or most likely on national forest. I will look it up and get back to you.

kickflip
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kickflip »

How far back have you actually gone in the cave...or have you? I'm interested in exploring this, so can you give me directions to get to the place? I'm in Springfield.
"I don't know karate, but i know krazzzzy!"
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

kickflip wrote:How far back have you actually gone in the cave...or have you? I'm interested in exploring this, so can you give me directions to get to the place? I'm in Springfield.
In PM, in PM! We don't want every Joe Spraypainter screwing up the place. :D
kickflip
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kickflip »

sorry....you can instant message me on my AOL name (kickflipsk8grl) or my yahoo name which is also kickflipsk8grl
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

hehe, its actually pretty far out for any local springfield jo's to go screw up, but I agree with your point. I will send you an email if you like, or mail me at gufbal@gufbal.com . I have been back about 1/2 to one mile, lots of mud, lots of water, a couple bats for good measure. I know a couple people who had gone pretty far back, but it has been a several years. I wouldnt be apposed to a weekend run out there, if someone was looking for a partner. I also know a couple people who would love to go along, who live pretty close to the area.

kickflip
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by kickflip »

that's cool...email the directions to me if ya'd like (kickflipsk8grl@yahoo.com)...i'd be cool with exploring with you all sometime too if i'm free.
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

RE: Browns Cave, south of Ava

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

Looking to get info on this and a location. Help!
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??