Old People= Valuable Info.

Urban exploration in Missouri
Sparkle
Stray Cat
Stray Cat

Old People= Valuable Info.

Post by Sparkle »

When you can't find the information in old newspapers or printed media, and you can't find anything online or documented somewhere: Asking questions to real people is the way to go.

I have ahd to "volunteer" some time to a local place and while there, I have had a exploring injury. This older guy seen it and asks me waht happend ( :lol:) and gives me a mischevious little smile and then begins to tell me a few stories, and locations in my area.

1> C.C Cave: You can travel for 2 weeks deep into this thing. Its near the fisheries I guess, and about 8 days deep: there is a 150ft waterfall! :D That would be awesome. There used to be a special, very shallow boat made for exploring this because in some places the really deep water is only about 1-2 ft from the ceiling! hmm.

2> Nigger Joe Cave (no offense given). The guy I met describes this as a " Labyrinth" type scene. Once you walk in (this cave isnt locked)...there are a few signs saying "Go No Further" or soemthign of the sort. Obey the sign or you fall 75ft without getting hurt, jsut sliding. And in the place where you land: 9 Entry ways all mazing together. 1 leads out, as well as a "hidden wall" that this Nigger Joe fellow made that cannot be seen unless you know its there. Supposedly in this story as well: when authoritys went into the cave they found 150+ skulls. N.J happened to be a cannibal that escaped slave stuff or something. He also said that a university has explored this place probaly 20 years ago and all fell down the "slide" except 1 and that 1 came to the gas station to get this guy and he led them all out. 8)

I know they may be false stories/locations but they still caught my attention. I am going to see what else I can get out of this guy as well as a possible "guided" tour. :) I need to get his phone #, and see what else he knows before my "service" time is complete. haha.
-=Let them hate, as long as they also fear=-
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

RE: Old People= Valuable Info.

Post by White Rabbit »

Heh, sounds a little exaggerated, but I bet there's quite a bit of truth in there. If you find any more out, post away.
Spectral
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Spectral »

Interesting... Yeah, he's probably exaggerting a bit, but I've read about that Joe's Cave online somewhere. I'll see if I can find it again (I think it was a ghost page, since it mentioned you could hear eerie fiddle-playing coming from the cave at night... pht)
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

This reminds me, White Rabbit, have you gone by Piano Craft and talked to Bill Lines yet?

He can tell you some stories about Wanoka Lodge as well. I also had heard from a friend of mine that it was used as a nudist colony back in the 1960's after the Schwitzer family stopped using the place for parties. And you bring up the aspect of a nudist colony around here to anyone who remembers the 1960's and they will tell you they remember one being around the area but they didn't know or remember where.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Old People= Valuable Info.

Post by White Rabbit »

Willard wrote:This reminds me, White Rabbit, have you gone by Piano Craft and talked to Bill Lines yet?
No, I totally forgot about that actually. He knows about the downtown tunnels, right?
He can tell you some stories about Wanoka Lodge as well. I also had heard from a friend of mine that it was used as a nudist colony back in the 1960's after the Schwitzer family stopped using the place for parties. And you bring up the aspect of a nudist colony around here to anyone who remembers the 1960's and they will tell you they remember one being around the area but they didn't know or remember where.
Holy crap. I wish I had some pictures of that to put on the site :P
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Bill knows about the downtown tunnels and a lot of other stuff. When he was in high school at Central, they used to have Fraterities and they did initiations in the big house. His dad Mort Lines who is 90 years old knows some cool stuff to but he's hard to get ahold of.
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude