Dinky's and Reed Springs Junction on US 160 and old 13

Urban exploration in Missouri
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

RE: Dinky's and Reed Springs Junction on US 160 and old 13

Post by ropingk »

I agree Sometimes I see a old building and I think if the walls could tell of all the things that happened and how beautiful it was in its day and then there are other prople who all the see is Tear it down and lets build another Mall or another storage shed or the most famous don't we all need just one more Car Wash
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

Yep that is a dream of mine
Dogpatch Expert
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Sirius »

I thought i posted this before but here's a picture of one of the many cups laying around dinky's. the rest of my pics don't show anything you haven't already seen in this forum.
Attachments
dinky.JPG
dinky.JPG (94.85 KiB) Viewed 11102 times
dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

I want to see more pics of this place it looks neat
Dogpatch Expert
Sirius
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Sirius »

It's a pretty small building so you've already seen most of it but here's the rest of what i have.
Attachments
dinky5.jpg
dinky5.jpg (79 KiB) Viewed 11093 times
dinky4.jpg
dinky4.jpg (77.69 KiB) Viewed 11093 times
dinky3.jpg
dinky3.jpg (77.39 KiB) Viewed 11095 times
dinky1.jpg
dinky1.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 11095 times
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Dinky's, yeah! I went there with my dad a long time ago (but it was already abandoned by then - no idea when it closed). I've got some pictures too, but it's not anything that hasn't already been posted, just of the exterior and dining area. I've never actually gone inside, and I never saw any of those cups either, but I really want one now! I might have to make a special trip.

PS: Has anyone ever been to the Museum of the Unexplained? It's down the road just a ways from Dinky's, and this guy named Bob White runs the place. I first met him at a UFO convention in Roswell, and he's pretty cool. The centerpiece of his collection is a piece of a spaceship he once tried to sell for a million dollars in the Springfield News-Leader. Ask nicely and he might take it out of the case for you!
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Dinky's and Reed Springs Junction on US 160 and old

Post by White Rabbit »

Sertile wrote:PS: Has anyone ever been to the Museum of the Unexplained? It's down the road just a ways from Dinky's, and this guy named Bob White runs the place. I first met him at a UFO convention in Roswell, and he's pretty cool. The centerpiece of his collection is a piece of a spaceship he once tried to sell for a million dollars in the Springfield News-Leader. Ask nicely and he might take it out of the case for you!
Yeah, I've been there, but the museum's gone now, though. Bob White was just on Art Bell a few months back, too. Also, Ted Phillips, one of the board of directors is a good friend of mine. Just do a search on his name and you'll find all kinds of UFO-related goodness. I don't really believe in UFOs, but Ted's been investigating a thing in Slovakia that I'm really interested in.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Yeah, you've mentioned Phillips to me before and I've heard his research mentioned on Forteantimes.com also. That sucks about the museum closing though! I hadn't heard about that. Did you ever find out if Phillips was going to be speaking again at this year's UFO conference in Eureka Springs or if they're even having one? I'd really like to hear more about his work.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Dinky's and Reed Springs Junction on US 160 and old

Post by White Rabbit »

Sertile wrote:That sucks about the museum closing though! I hadn't heard about that.
Well, I shouldn't say it closed, because I don't know that for sure. It could have moved. I just know that it's not in the building at Reeds Spring where it used to be. The bus is still parked there by the spring, though, but the museum is gone.
Did you ever find out if Phillips was going to be speaking again at this year's UFO conference in Eureka Springs or if they're even having one? I'd really like to hear more about his work.
No, I need to get a hold of him and find that out. But, I'd be really surprised if he wasn't speaking at it.
Yourgoldenfish
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Yourgoldenfish »

Oh man everytime my family and I went down to the lake I always wanted to stop there and go inside even though it was all gross looking and stuff. But I was little. Then we started going to the lake a different way, down 125, and I forgot all about it until just now. That is so cool.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Dinky's whole schtick was small, very tasty, hamburgers. I'm sorry that I can't really speak from experience, being only eighteen. But my father use to go there all of the time when he was my age he said. "The burgers were small, we'd have to order about fifteen of them, but god damn they were good."
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Also, curiously, I don't really have the physical abilities to get to Dinky's to get a cup or two. But I told my parents about that cups and they said that they would love to have a few. Is there any way I could purchase a few from someone who grabbed some?
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

I was thinking about going out to Dinky's this Sunday. I can snag you one or two extras, if you'd like. I don't want to charge you anything, but I'm not exactly sure how I'd get them to you. Can you drive? If so, you could just swing by and pick them up sometime when you're in town. Let me know if you figure something out.
tyler
Precocious Little Scamp
Precocious Little Scamp

Post by tyler »

Heh, well...Yes, I can drive. But I can't say as though I've ever heard of Karlin.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Oh, I live in Springfield actually. I'll PM you.