Old Mines and Caves

Urban exploration in Missouri
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Old Mines and Caves

Post by Willard »

I have found some interesting information in my ever present quest for historical knowledge that the old platt maps (township maps that shows who owns what secion of proporty in the county) from the early 1900's at the library also have some caves and some old mines marked on them that aren't known about anymore. If anyone is interested I can give aproximate locations for their where they used to be.
Spectral
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Old Mines and Caves

Post by Spectral »

Wow, I'm all ears for that stuff :). I've been finding quite a few caves lately due to a book I got at the library, though I'm sure there's a lot that aren't mapped in it.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Hell yeah, man. Lay it on us.
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

These old maps are a lot of help and I'm going to print off maps of the same areas of now using most likely map quest because it's the most accurate that I can find. When I get them done I'll try scanning them and sending them.
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Yeah, that'd be great if you could do that.
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

So what ever happened with this? Curiousity's killing the cat.....
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

I found information on the mines (general area) when I was doing storm relief facility research last week, but even in 1963 the information of specific location was restricted.

I'd be VERY interested to know more.

I know I'm a newbie and I get no respect, but I've been wondering about those mines.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Re: RE: Old Mines and Caves

Post by Mindscape »

Willard wrote:These old maps are a lot of help and I'm going to print off maps of the same areas of now using most likely map quest because it's the most accurate that I can find. When I get them done I'll try scanning them and sending them.
I can find you more accurate maps. And, maybe, a good aerial view that you can haul around with you as a reference.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
graffitifetish
Miss Silver Lining
Miss Silver Lining

Post by graffitifetish »

If you find that, I'd love the info, too.
cobcob
Aequitas
Aequitas

Post by cobcob »

Hey Willard...
Must be about time to get your suited butt into gear on this one... I'll be at Library Center tonight doing some research on a couple of caves and some springs... if you are interested then PM me today and maybe I'll see you there, I'm getting there around 6:00ish
GlassCurtain wrote:I like to masturbate during the sexual harassment films at work.
Pinkspider wrote:check here for geeky crotch eating goodness and crazy fake ass hair
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Hey sorry I didn't see this until now... Actually time has gotten way away from me... I'm very sorry I never posted this stuff and I doubt I'm going to have any time in several months to do so. If anyone else takes on this project... good luck.

BTW I know a few people asked about out of date topo's from way back of the area... MSU has a huge ass map section in the basement and I asked a gal there today how far back their collection of Missour topo maps goes and she said at least to the 1920's sooo... yeah...
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ambrosian_spelunker
300+ Poster
300+ Poster

Post by ambrosian_spelunker »

So what's the 411 any information so far or maps available. As of the middle part of Sept. i will hit the caves hard and heavy every weekend. So i am looking for any and all location to document. i will be getting GPS, mapping via topo, and corresponding all caves with the register for known and documented caves that have been numbered.

So any help would greatly be appreciated. Hey WR I'd like to get with you and gather some info on the ones you know of or have personally been to. Sertile I appreciated the help on the locations you've provided!

Anyone else with any input would greatly be appreciated. Also keep your ears open second cave opening discovery possible at Cushman! Will post more once completely explored!
They called it domesticated, tamed, feminized ... is there a pill I can take to get rid of it??