Settle Inn Drain

Urban exploration in Missouri
gimpface
Zen Master
Zen Master

Settle Inn Drain

Post by gimpface »

Wife and I found and explored this drain yesterday in Branson.The entrance is in a valley near the Settle Inn where they are clearing the land. It's a large courrigated steel pipe probably about seven feet in diameter (I stand about 5'10" and with my six-cell maglite right on my head, it was still an inch or two short).

It runs under the Quiznos parking lot, where there's a tall room with a large grate at the top. From there it runs a ways to a small concrete room where the pipe diameter becomes much smaller... still walkable, but now you have to stoop over.

After walking like Quasimodo for longer than I'd like, the pipe becomes two small diameter pipes one on top of the other, and I decided to go no further. There are a couple of places where you can stand- there's one vertical pipe that goes about twelve feet up, and another just before the pipe becomes two tiny pipes that goes up about four feet over your head. Both seem to terminate in a construction area near the Atrium Inn's parking lot.

So if you're in Branson and bored out of your mind, you may want to check this one out. The Quizno's grate room is pretty cool, at any rate.
Vampire Killings, buy one get one FREE!