Old Mills

Urban exploration in Missouri
showmestateofmind
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Old Mills

Post by showmestateofmind »

I have been on an old mill kick. There are so many in the area. I have been using Atlas Obscura/IG to keep track of them under the same SN.
Here is a list of the one's I've been too and some quick reviews
Alley - Very Touristy, gorgeous, but easily my least favorite because of this.
Jolly - Super cool place to walk around, not decrepit. Unexpected and no one there
Dillard - The prettiest Missouri mill, no traffic, creek crossing hike is a MUST
Klepzig - Just a must visit spot. Simple shanty mill, no traffic, may need 4WD ish to get there. Great swimmin hole
Hulston - My least favorite, but still pretty and some old buildings/playground equipment going on
Hodgson - Gorgeous place for a picnic, but there's almost always a couple people taking pix

One's I haven't been to - Edwards, Topaz, Reed Spring, Falling Spring, Greer Crossing, Turner, Wommack, Summersville, Dawt, Zanoni, Ozark, Rockbridge, Hammond, Hawn, Union, Yankee Smith, Brownington, Boylers, Paydown, Hope, Markham, Boze, Clarks, Jackson, Hurley, Ray, Didlay, Redings, Ritchey

First two photos are from Hulston, last two of Jolly

ImageImageImage[/img]
Attachments
IMG_6171.jpeg
IMG_6171.jpeg (193.33 KiB) Viewed 9185 times
IMG_6174.jpeg
IMG_6174.jpeg (136.46 KiB) Viewed 9185 times
IMG_6219 8.57.30 PM.jpeg
IMG_6219 8.57.30 PM.jpeg (92.65 KiB) Viewed 9185 times
IMG_6237 8.57.30 PM.jpeg
IMG_6237 8.57.30 PM.jpeg (208.99 KiB) Viewed 9185 times
CliffCaver
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Re: Old Mills

Post by CliffCaver »

The last one looks so beautiful
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Awesome! I think I have a couple that I can add to the list. Lemme check.
SubLunar
500+ Poster
500+ Poster

Post by SubLunar »

Have you been inside any of the mills you listed?

I found the one I was thinking of: Cedar Hill Mill. Never been and no idea what the current status is except street view shows a sign which says the building is available. Looks like someone fixed up the road facing portion but that it was not completed.

https://goo.gl/maps/GgoAiyQ4wHewoVJh6
showmestateofmind
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by showmestateofmind »

SubLunar wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:16 pm Have you been inside any of the mills you listed?

I found the one I was thinking of: Cedar Hill Mill. Never been and no idea what the current status is except street view shows a sign which says the building is available. Looks like someone fixed up the road facing portion but that it was not completed.

https://goo.gl/maps/GgoAiyQ4wHewoVJh6
So you can go inside Klepzig at any time and Alley daily. Dillard, Hulston, Hodgson, and Jolly only certain times of the month. Many of them are so decrepit there isn't much to see (Klepzig, Greer)