RE: Anyone seen this site?

Post by tyler »

Are you on a teeter-totter?
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Re: RE: Anyone seen this site?

Post by Mindscape »

darkcloud617 wrote:im pretty fucking sure i said 'better yet; how about i dont talk to you two again, and you dont talk to me' yeah so ummmm shut up- unless of course you still want to keep on about this.... i'm willing to stop this conversation if you two are!

Not an attack, just an observation:

When claiming to be a novelist, it helps greatly to use proper grammar and punctuation. Simple capitalization and attention to punctuation would go far toward helping you appear more like the writer you claim to be.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Re: RE: Anyone seen this site?

Post by darkcloud617 »

I know that, but i just quickly type on forums and such things, i really didnt know i was supposed to use proper grammer. On this kind of site, i would much rather just type fast and get my point across fast; however, i do understand exactly what you are talking about.
Mindscape
The Leprechaun
The Leprechaun

Post by Mindscape »

As a general rule, that wouldn't (necessarily) be a problem, aside from the possibility that you'd lose a little credibility if somebody doesn't take poor grammar and punctuation seriously. However, when claiming to be an author of published work(s), typing quickly ceases to outweigh credibility in the argument.

In the future, take the time to do things correctly when the issue of your writership comes up. It will go a long way to make your statements on the subject more professional in appearance, and it may also garner you readers. Using poor grammar and punctuation may actually lose you readers (though here, what with anonymity, it's likely not a problem), just because they may decide that they don't want to sit through a book that has no capitalization and such.
"I'm going deeper underground.
There's too much panic in this town."
darkcloud617
Sir Talks-a-lot
Sir Talks-a-lot

Post by darkcloud617 »

very good statement, i completly agree with you. On the other hand, at my Publishing Company "infinity publishing" they have there own editors; that correct all the grammer errors in a piece. I will admit i suck at that kind of stuff, I am good at supplying ideas and making sure that a book follows a story and so on, which of course is a very big piece of the final copy.