Theme Park

Urban exploration in Missouri
s14ph4ppy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Theme Park

Post by s14ph4ppy »

I seem to remember something about a run down theme park around Branson. Is that correct, or am I confusing that with Dogpatch? Thanks for your help.

(Also, I'm back, after a long absence)
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

RE: Theme Park

Post by James the Red »

I think your thinking of dogpatch, but if you ask me, all of branson is a rundown theme park... SOrry, I dont care for branson guys, lol
just another fly on the wall of life

dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

your thinking of that Camelot Theme Park that is inside branson. It has been closed for awhile.
Dogpatch Expert
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: Theme Park

Post by White Rabbit »

s14ph4ppy wrote:I seem to remember something about a run down theme park around Branson. Is that correct, or am I confusing that with Dogpatch? Thanks for your help.

(Also, I'm back, after a long absence)
It could be Camelot, which is right outside of Branson, but I kind of doubt it. Camelot was never a really big deal, and it was only open a couple weeks anyway. Most people don't even remember that it ever existed now. It could be that, but if I had to guess, I'd say they were probably talking about Dogpatch. It's not really all that close to Branson (maybe 90 minutes away), but it's still in the same general area. As far as I know, there's no other abandoned theme parks in the area.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Is Camelot that place out on 65 with the pirate ship? I think that's Fantasy World Village, or something like that. Apparently, now that I think about it, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. There IS an abandoned water park in Springfield that I know of. I think it used to be called "Wet Willy's."
s14ph4ppy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by s14ph4ppy »

Hmm, where is Camelot? I'd like to explore some defunct theme parks that aren't as far away as Dogpatch. (And I do believe I was thinking of Camelot, it does sound terribly familiar)
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Theme Park

Post by White Rabbit »

Sertile wrote:Is Camelot that place out on 65 with the pirate ship? I think that's Fantasy World Village, or something like that.
Yeah, that's Fantasy World Village. It's not in use either, but it was just a shopping center, I think. I still see cars parked there pretty often, though, so they may be using it for storage or something.
Apparently, now that I think about it, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about.
Most people have never seen it, and it's REALLY easy to miss when you're driving by. All you can see is the remnants of a medieval style tower/gate thing at the front entrance. Plus, it's pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. And since it's was only open a couple weeks, it's not like most people have a lot of memories about it.
There IS an abandoned water park in Springfield that I know of. I think it used to be called "Wet Willy's."
The Hydra-slide? With the four lanes?
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Re: RE: Theme Park

Post by White Rabbit »

s14ph4ppy wrote:Hmm, where is Camelot? I'd like to explore some defunct theme parks that aren't as far away as Dogpatch. (And I do believe I was thinking of Camelot, it does sound terribly familiar)
It's in Blue Eye, MO. It's not the best place to explore, though. The owner lives, literally, in what's left of the park. It's for sale, also and has a big realty sign out front that says to call the realty company and not to bother the guy in his house. So, I'm guessing he's not big on curious onlookers.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Maybe it was the Hydra-Slide. I haven't seen the place in operation since I was a child, so it's possible I dreamt the name up entirely. It's across the street (sort of) from one of Springfield's bigger, newer libraries, between here and Nixa.
James the Red
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by James the Red »

actually I think that place has been torn down and they have started building somethign new there. I seen it in operaton about 8 years ago, maybe a little longer. But then they shut it down, adn eventually started building stuff all around that area.
just another fly on the wall of life

dogpatchexpert
Someone Say Dogpatch?
Someone Say Dogpatch?

Post by dogpatchexpert »

i bet there building another god dang houseing development. my god there killing history :evil:
Dogpatch Expert
cherriesrockmysocks
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by cherriesrockmysocks »

The Hydra Slide is located on 4634 S Campbell Ave. Across from the Library Center.
I went there probably 6 years ago.. And it was always fun.. Then they closed it and it's always been grown over with vegetation.
Too bad.
Sertile
Sinkhole Violator
Sinkhole Violator

Post by Sertile »

Okay, so it is the Hydra-Slide. I can live with that. My next question would be, IS there a Wet-Willy's, or did I imagine the whole thing? I'd like to think I didn't... what's that one waterslide on 76 in Branson? I'm not talking about White Water... there's another one, or at least there used to be, somewhere around that big dome and the motel shaped like a riverboat.
s14ph4ppy
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by s14ph4ppy »

I think Wet Willy's is in Branson, though I'm not entirely positive
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I remember back in the late 1980's/early 1990's that there were two water slide parks just across from the driving range and what is now The Library Center. One of them was called Wet Willy's and the other was called Four Lane Hydra Slide. I remember them ripping out Wet Willy's over 10 or 12 years ago. But to answer any questions, that's where Wet Willy's was. There also used to be a water slide park in Lakeview, MO. (now Branson West, MO) along hwy. 13 just south of the hwy. 76 turn off. There's a gas station there now. it's just as the road starts to curve around that car lot.