Theme Park

Urban exploration in Missouri
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Re: RE: Theme Park

Post by ann_marie »

White Rabbit wrote:
s14ph4ppy wrote:Hmm, where is Camelot? I'd like to explore some defunct theme parks that aren't as far away as Dogpatch. (And I do believe I was thinking of Camelot, it does sound terribly familiar)
It's in Blue Eye, MO. It's not the best place to explore, though. The owner lives, literally, in what's left of the park. It's for sale, also and has a big realty sign out front that says to call the realty company and not to bother the guy in his house. So, I'm guessing he's not big on curious onlookers.
Hi, I'm new here. Excuse my ignorance but where is Dogpatch? I remember seeing pictures of it but I don't recall the location. Also...what is the real estate company for the place in Blue Eye? I'm in Lake Saint Louis and it looks like the majority of the people on this list are in Springfield? But...I'm still reading all the threads. I was SO happy to find this forum.

:D Ann Marie
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

ann_marie wrote:Hi, I'm new here.
Welcome to the forum.
Excuse my ignorance but where is Dogpatch? I remember seeing pictures of it but I don't recall the location.
It's in between Harrison, AR and Jasper, AR on Highway 7. It was listed as an official town on most maps for a while, but it's probably listed as Marble Falls now.
Also...what is the real estate company for the place in Blue Eye?
I'll get back to you on that one. I'm stuck here waiting for a delivery guy or I'd go find out for you.
I'm in Lake Saint Louis and it looks like the majority of the people on this list are in Springfield?
Yup, pretty much, but I'm hoping to change that. I'd like to get people from all the major metro areas of the Ozarks. Planning on coming to St. Louis and KC soon to get some pictures of things. Hopefully that'll attract more people from those areas to the site.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks. This seems like a nice friendly place.
It's in between Harrison, AR and Jasper, AR on Highway 7. It was listed as an official town on most maps for a while, but it's probably listed as Marble Falls now.
Dogpatch was listed as a town? Weird.
I'll get back to you on that one. I'm stuck here waiting for a delivery guy or I'd go find out for you.
Thanks.
Yup, pretty much, but I'm hoping to change that. I'd like to get people from all the major metro areas of the Ozarks. Planning on coming to St. Louis and KC soon to get some pictures of things. Hopefully that'll attract more people from those areas to the site.
Do you have anything in mind for St. Louis?

~Ann Marie~

--edited by wr: fixed your quotes
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

ann_marie wrote:Dogpatch was listed as a town? Weird.
It actually was an official town, yup. The area encompassing the town used to be known as Marble Falls. When they built Dogpatch there, they decided to change the official name to Dogpatch, too. So, for a while, people could actually live in Dogpatch, AR, technically :P But they changed it back to Marble Falls after the resort closed. But people didn't actually live inside the park or anything, although within walking distance of it.
Do you have anything in mind for St. Louis?
All I have for St. Louis right now is a handful of HUGE drains that I want to check out. Other than that, I plan to just drive around and see what I can find, because I just don't know of anything there. That's why I'm hoping to get some St. Louisites here on the forum to tell me some places to check out :)

Also, I checked on Camelot, and I have some unsettling news. The realty sign is no longer up at Camelot. In addition, there are now about three or four backhoes and a couple semi trailers sitting on the property. They've cleared off a big section of the wooded part of the property, too. I don't know what they're friggin' doing, but I figure I better take some more pictures of the property in case they're gonna tear it all down or something.
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

RE: Theme Park

Post by ann_marie »

So I was went to Lake of the Ozarks today to visit the Ha Ha Tonka Castle ruins and saw this crappy store called Dogpatch. Just had to share.

There is a website with all St Louis places explored, I will have to get it out of my bookmarks and post it. I have just started UE so I don't have a whole lot of stuff to contribute as of yet. I'm more interested in hospitals and asylums, but Missouri is really lacking of existing-out of service-intact buildings. Most of the buildings that are abandoned and still standing are in the really crap part of St Louis or in East St Louis.

Looking for a group to go with as there is safety in numbers, right?

~Ann Marie
Attachments
dp.JPG
dp.JPG (66.78 KiB) Viewed 16767 times
White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Heh, I've heard of that Dogpatch store before. I saw it on a tourist map of Lake of the Ozarks.

And if you know of stuff in the St. Louis area, post about it. I need more stuff to look at when I make it up there :)
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

ann_marie, is the old city hospital in downtown St. Louis still there and abandoned? or have they started renovation, or have they now torn it down?
"Oh my God! Wal-mart's going to march on Poland!" ~ Lewis Black

"You're not the "rockstar of the forum." Paul is." ~ CrazyDrummerDude
ann_marie
Explore Whore
Explore Whore

Post by ann_marie »

Willard wrote:ann_marie, is the old city hospital in downtown St. Louis still there and abandoned? or have they started renovation, or have they now torn it down?
I'm not sure, but I know someone I can ask. Last time I heard it was still abandoned. I'll let you know when I find out.
Kit
The Woman
The Woman

Post by Kit »

yep QuikTrip (sp)is where Wet Willys used to be also the dirt lot next to it where they have started more construction.

I liked Wet Willys more than Hydra Slide.. i thought the lanes were smoother :)

but i think white water was just too close
ropingk
The Roping Kid
The Roping Kid

Post by ropingk »

The Old City Hospital has been under construction for awhile I really have no idea what they are turning it into the work seems to go real fast then it just kinda stops It isnt in the beat part of town either so I think a late night trip would be a VERRRY BAD Idea but that is just my way of thinking
Just talked to a friend who lives in the City they are suposed to be turning it inot High End Condos suposed to be finished next year but it is still ina bad area I am guessing they will have to have security is the "A" team available
Sleep is a waste of time,you can sleep when you are dead
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

I was in St. Louis last year around this time on a trip to Union Station and near the old hospital they were building what looked like new row houses? I guess they're gonna be condos? I dunno.

White Rabbit
Illuminati Expert
Illuminati Expert

Post by White Rabbit »

Kit wrote:yep QuikTrip (sp)is where Wet Willys used to be also the dirt lot next to it where they have started more construction.

I liked Wet Willys more than Hydra Slide.. i thought the lanes were smoother :)

but i think white water was just too close
I don't know if I ever went to Wet Willy's, but I went to Hydra-Slide ALL the time. The best part about that place was there were a couple lanes that, if you were really good, you could slide over into the next lane into somebody :p
Spectral
0-99 Poster
0-99 Poster

Post by Spectral »

I don't know if I ever went to Wet Willy's, but I went to Hydra-Slide ALL the time. The best part about that place was there were a couple lanes that, if you were really good, you could slide over into the next lane into somebody :p
Yeah, the Hyrda-Slide was awsome. They used to give out big rectangular foam pads so you could slide down the lanes at supersonic speeds, heh. I remember there was a rumor that if you went fast enough on the far left lane, you could slide out of the lane and roll down the hill :).Too bad it's in such sad shape now...
Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

There was a lease sign on it for a long time, but now the number has been painted over and I don't know who ownes it at the moment (I could find out though :-D) and I don't know if it's still for lease of if it's gonna go to the wayside and get torn down.

Willard
Encyclopedia Willardica
Encyclopedia Willardica

Post by Willard »

Ok I just found out that 4 Lane Hydra-Slide is still owned by Hydra-Slide Inc. Which has owned it since Oct. 1, 1985. I also found out it was built in 1977.